Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Oldest Son

Sailormilan2

My oldest son was allowed to "graduate" last March with his University class, even though he lacked one class. Which he completed in June-July. Geology field camp(read that as "boot camp"). Tough, hands on, meaning litteraly hands on, since everything had to be done by hand, no electronic devices.

They spent 4 weeks in the desert and mountains, volcanic and earthquake areas, surveying and then making maps of the area. It was tough, but he had a blast.

Scroll forward to this week. He goes to get his "diploma" since he needs it for a job application for a job in Utah. He couldn't get it, since the school has to go through his transcripts to see if he has enough credits to graduate, after he already graduated, because the school has just switched over from the Quarter System to Semesters. He got his class done in July, and they still aren't done with the records. I am sooo glad I don't have to deal with that school any more. They have a reputation as being one of the worst Universities in CA.

Hopefully, he can get the job in Utah. It will be as a "Hydrologist". Starting wage is almost as good as my wage was as a Deputy when I retired 11 years ago.

Good luck to him

Hope things work out.

If he has approved transcript or a copy of the requirements that was signed off by the school when he started he should be ok...but dont let the school have the only copy. I am not a very trusting guy and things do get "lost"

Good Luck

karl