Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Swedish Mauser

Frank46

Some years back when swedish mausers were on the market and wat cheaper than they are today. I had a smith cut the bbl down to about 1/4" before the metal end cap on the stock. Then he was supposed to cut off the origional bolthandle and weld on a model 70 type bolt handle. Sufficed to say this was not done and the origional bolt handle was just forged and welded. I would like to get a nice bolt handle welded on maybe get the cocking cam rehardened. The rifle is drilled and tapped for a one piece ( redfield small mauser) scope mount. I had evisioned a mannlicher schoenaur look. So if anyone here can do such work I'll be able to relagate this safe queen to active duty. And am I wrong in assuming that you will require the entire rifle or not?. Obviously I would like to get this done after the holidays as right now am extremely financially challenged. One other thing, what would be needed to be able to raise my cheek so in order to be able to get better sight alignment with the scope?. Some kind of strap on pad assembly?. I've seen some of the work that some of the folks here do, and around here there is no one I'd trust to do the work. Frank