Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Latest Project, 338-06 (lots Of Photos)

ken98k

1945 Turkish K-Kale with stripper clip hump removed.

ER Shaw Barrel with Remington contour. (I originally ordered the barrel for a Remington 700 so I had to rethread to sm ring Mauser threads.)

Bolt was welded by Weaver77, I did the knurling on the knob and I also scalloped the handle so it would work with LOW rings.

I re-contoured the trigger guard and used a extended floor plate release from Brownell’s

I hot water blued it with Belgian Blue.

Dayton Traister trigger (Thanks Don),

Wisner safety

The stock is a Richards Microfit Old Classic #102 that I removed quite a lot of wood from. I was very rough and has a lot of pin knots in the wrist. I finished it with several coats of Hornby’s Tung oil.

Pacmeyer 500B pad.

Leupold 1 piece base with Leupold low rings, Tasco world class 3-9

Groups under 1” with factory Weatherby ammo. It will definitely shoot better than I am capable of.

338-06k-kale001-1.jpg

338-06k-kale004.jpg

338-06k-kale005.jpg

338-06k-kale006.jpg

338-06k-kale007.jpg

338-06k-kale012.jpg

338-06k-kale013.jpg

338-06k-kale018-1.jpg

This photo is pretty kool. After downloading it, I noticed you can see all the way down the barrel to the boltface. You can even see the firing pin hole, the ejector slot and the extractor.

338-06k-kale010.jpg

very nice looking gun. Makes me realize i need to get my 338-06 moving along at a better pace. The stock looks really good and you also did a very nice job on the blue.

Brenden

Nice job. I like when that little curve of wood is left in front of the bolt release. And the way it sits like on a shelf of wood. Clean little details that resulted from careful handwork - neat stuff.

good to see you finished it looks really good that pic of the bore is really cool ive tried to get similar pics with no luck also looks like you are enjoying some nice weather i started my 338-06 project but keep getting side tracked with other things i did get my 280 rem done

now go draw some blood with it and post more pics

weaver77

Nice job!! Did you jewel the bolt and extractor?

Yes, I did everything myself except weld the bolt handle.

Brenden, I've been working on this one for over a year (Sporadically)

Another nice rifle Kenny?

What do you plan on hunting with this one?

If I get any time off this year I'd like to try it on a moose.