Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Remington 700 Barrels On Ebay

rwims

Don't know if it still the same. About 15 or so years ago McGowen was selling Remington take-off barrels dirt cheap. The list I got indicated many were unfired. Since Harry McGowen has retired, facility moved and under new ownership they may no longer be selling the take-off barrels. As I recall most of the Remmy barrels were 270 and 06. In my conversation with Harry. He claimed his most popular re-barrel job and best seller was 35 Whelen. .

Without looking, I believe I still have 4 Rem 700 barrels left of some that I acquired over the last few years. a 24" 22-250 Rem, with camo paint, a 24" 243 Win, a 22" 270 Win, and a 22" 30-06. Some have sights, but I don't know without looking. All have great bores and no takeoff marks, IIRC. If anyone is interested, $20 each plus actual shipping for the 270 & 06 and $25 each plus actual shipping for the 22-250 & 243. I can get them out and see what ones have the Iron sights on them tomorrow.

Spiris

A seller on Ebay can ask any price he/she desires, doesn't mean they will get it. Sometimes sellers set up shill auctions to drive prices up. When one researches completed auctions it appears they sell for far more than they're worth. It spreads when other sellers see somebody asking a ridiculous price they follow.Try the gun auction sites or if money is the problem try Shaw Barrels. For far less than 5 or 600 you can buy a complete Remington 700 rifle on Backpage but 223 might be a bit scarce.