Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Bergdahl Charged With Desertion

karlunity

When I first read of him, the impression the story gave was that he was captured either on patrol in in town. Now the captured on patrol story was always fishy. I have been on patrols and the NCO or Officer in charge does NOT lose people at least not without having been in, and lost a firefight and no such action was reported. So perhaps he was stupid and sneaked into the local ville looking for girls or beer or drugs. So I figured that he was an AH but as he was American the President was still right in getting him back.
But that it seems was NOT the case He left a note behind saying that he was leaving and going to join the foe and he walked off his firebase and did just that and he did it of his own free will. So he set a chain of events in motion that caused the death of some of the men that were killed looking for him. If Mr. Obama did NOT know this, he either did not do his job or was lied to.
_________