Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Chilean Mauser Barreled Receiver - Model 1895

ken98k

Even more rare are the bolt assemblies. I wouldn't consider it unless I had a bolt in hand. Almost 20 years ago I got about 100 on Ebay for a complete bolt assy out of a Spanish 95. Later I sold the mag and follower for an excellent price I don't recall.

I've never tried it myself but I've been told a 93 bolt can be adapted if you have a lathe with a grinder attachment.

Unfortunately the 93 bolts are just as, if not more, harder to locate than the 95's. I recall a discussion here years ago and I believe somebody stuck a 93 bolt into a 95 or possibly visa-versa. The bolt closed if I remember right. To the best of my knowledge with isn't very much anymore as I haven't kept up or done a Mauser project in several years. The 93 bolt body simply has a flat spot on the bottom. I do recall the flat vs round bottom bolt was a dispute between the Mauser brothers. I believe it was the younger brother that persuaded his older brother milling the flat spot was an unnecessary step.

If you have about 40 or so minutes. Watch on Youtube Tales of the Gun, Mauser. Pretty interesting history. Yesterday on American Rifleman TV they did about 10 minutes on the Argentine Mausers I found very interesting but it was obvious they cut info on the Engineer Carbine and spent little time on the 09's.