Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Glass Bedding

TLynn

naganut

(6/14/05 10:26)

Reply Glass Beding

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This will be a first for me and I need all the help I can get.

I have a Swedish Mauser in a sporter stock that I want to

Bed ,what I need is a good on line source for step by step

instructions on how to go about it.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Naganut

ringo338

(6/14/05 13:49)

Reply Re: Glass Beding

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Try riflestocks.tripod.com/bedding.html or www.acraglas.com/ my favorite www272.pair.com/stevewag/...kbed3.html

I use plasticine or plumbing mastic for my dams, and lots of release agent. I relieve the barrel channel to free-float the barrel, use sockets from a socket set that match the channel diameter and use them to back the sandpaper and sand gently to free-float. I then put 3 wraps of electricians tape around the barrel just prior to bedding about an inch back from the stock fore end to ensure free-floating. Make sure no release agent gets on the glass area as this will not bond.

Edited by: ringo338 at: 6/14/05 14:32

Doble Troble

(6/14/05 18:08)

Re: Glass Beding

Kewl socket use idea!

I am Bubba (but learning)

naganut

(6/15/05 11:03)

Reply Re: Glass Beding

ringo338

Thanks for the info ,I,m going to get the 2 Gun Bedding Kit from Brownells--- Wish Me Luck---

Naganut

• 1 month later...

I'm sure you will find an online source, but I'll tell you somthing. AGI (American Gunsmithing Institute) sells a video on glass bedding, and in it they bed mausers into both a wooden stock and a synthetic one. There were a LOT of little tips in it that I've never seen anywhere else. The guy teaching in the video is about as dry as sandpaper, so the tape also doubles as a cure for insomnia, but man does he know his stuff. I watched, took some notes, and have been a bedding fool ever since. It's worth a look if you ask me.

hold hard,

mimic