Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Nagant Timney Triggers

AzRednek

There seems to be a bit of interest on the Timney trigger for the Nagant. I don't live far from Timney and have to travel monthly with in a 100 yards or so of their factory to collect rent. If we can generate enough interest, possibly we could get a group buy together and get a decent price.

Lets do a poll without committing to buy. Every body that might be interested, respond to the thread with how many you might want. When and if we get a good number I'll approach Mr Timney Jr in person and see what kind of numbers he will offer us.

Timney will not normally lower the retail price for walk-ins. What he will do is install and adjust for free while you wait. I'm certain though being a business man if I were to say we want a dozen or more he will likely deal.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry I haven't kept all of you up to date. I did stop by Timney but the only one there at the time was a receptionist. I arrived around lunch time. The receptionist said somebody will call me. I wound up in the hospital for two days and after checking my caller-id unit after I was home. I saw somebody from Timney did call but there wasn't anybody home to take the call. I despise answering machines and voice mail. I will get on it next week, likely Tuesday I'll be in Timney's neck of the woods.

AZ if still possible I would like one of the mosin triggers. Should probably post this under mausers but I am sure we can move it if needed but I could use a couple of mauser 98 triggers maybe we could do a group by on some of them also.

James

I spoke to the General Manager at Timney through email a while back about the Mosin tiggers. I will contact him and see if maybe we can still make this work.

I'll let you guys know as soon as I hear back from him.

Great news. The GM got back to me and said they are willing to give us a 20% discount if we order 10 triggers at a time. If we order just 10 at a time it will basically take the cost down from $94.95 to $75.96 per trigger plus whatever shipping will be to each of us.

The count I got from this thread was 12 nagant triggers, however if we expand to other trigger types I may be able to get us a better discount. Basically instead of us ordering just 12 Nagant Triggers, if people are interested in Mauser/Enfield/etc triggers maybe we can talk them into getting us a better discount say we order 20 or more triggers at once.

This is of course if AzRednek is willing to do this. I don't want to assume you would, Az, since you only offered to help with the Nagant triggers. ;)

If we had enough interest, and Az didn't want to handle it, I would be willing to have the triggers shipped up here and I could mail them out to everyone (I'm sure 8uck5nort would help me so we can get them to everyone quicker B) ) only bad part is for most of you the cost would be a little more because of having them shipped up here, then shipped again, but the cost shouldn't be to bad.

Personally, I would like to get a Nagant and a Mauser trigger.

I'm strapped for time at the moment but I'll help in any way possible. One thing to consider, if I pick the triggers up in person we might get stuck with 7% sales tax. If Timney will let me use my son's resale license # from his music co we may get around it. I'll be back later this afternoon and we can work on details. I have two appts this afternoon, one Dr and with one renter today, I'll be back online in 4-5 hours.

I'll pick up what ever kind of triggers you want. I was hoping Timney would give us a better price. I just checked Midway's price on Timney Nagant triggers and they are asking $89.99 and they say coming soon. I know some of you can get a discount from Midway and Brownells with your C&R license. I don't mind the leg work and will help anybody from the group but lets make sure it is worth while. Can anybody that gets a break from Midway or Brownells see what they will cost with your discount??

http://www.midwayusa.com/Search/#timney trigger nagant____-_1-2-4_8-16

Good thought Az.

Also if enough interest is shown for other triggers I can check with the Timney GM and see what kind of discount they can offer.

Might as well work all the angles and see what the best price is.

Last that I ordered from Midway the discount was 20%, that takes the Midway price to around $72 if I did

the math in my head right.

Midway is showing the retail price for $89.99 for the MN trigger and once logged in it is $84.99 for C&R price. So it looks like it would be about $10 cheaper with the group buy than from Midway.

rivitir being that you have established a rapport with the gm maybe you could encourage him to give us a better price. You had better luck than I did showing up in person. Maybe they are afraid of pissing off a dealer giving us dealer price or better. I have a feeling their receptionist has been told retail price to everybody walking in the door. I've bought two triggers in person and they wouldn't budge on the price. I did get to talk to Mr Timney while buying last trigger I got but that was because he wanted the trigger I took off of my Voere Mauser. Possibly you might offer the gm a free sponsorship link from our group if he will deal. That is if nobody objects.

No problem. I would be glad to see what I can do. I get to do a lot of price negotiation at my job so no problems here.

Before I start asking for better pricing I need to know what all triggers the group wants. The more the group is interested in ordering the better pricing I'm sure I could get us. We should probably move this thread to the sporterizing forum so everyone sees it and can chime in on what triggers they want.

Once I get some solid numbers on who wants what that will give me some leverage in getting us better pricing.

I will take two m98 with safeties and one mosin w/safety Thats three total for me. Let me know who to send funds to when you get everything figured out.

James

I will take two m98 with safeties and one mosin w/safety Thats three total for me. Let me know who to send funds to when you get everything figured out.

James

The best way to deal with funds is everybody use USPS money orders made out to Timney. Timney would likely be hesitant if we paid with a hodge-podge of checks and money orders. The only other alternative is to trust somebody to gather the funds and write one check. If anybody from this group has an FFL and is willing to devote the time and energies we could probably get the best price and the FFL licensee might even make a few bux. I'm willing to pick them up and mail them to everybody but with IRS after my tail-end I do not want to be in a position of depositing other's money into my bank account in case IRS levies my account.

I'll be good for at least one Nagant trigger.