Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Any New Black Friday Toys?

AzRednek

Nothing for me other than the bucket of 9MM Ammo. I did get spammed with a $299.00 Bushmaster AR-15. As expected "out of stock" when I clicked on it. I intended to drop a grand, buy three then prey on Backpage young'uns looking to trade something they inherited from dad or grandpa. No such luck though.

I was spammed with numerous 499 Ruger and S&W AR's. There are currently many rebate deals and Taurus prices appear to have been reduced. Taurus 38 revolvers and 9MM's for 200 or less. I was tempted to buy one of the Taurus or Remington 380's with a net cost of about a buck and a half. According to a net article there were a record breaking number of background checks on Friday.

Anybody looking for a vault?? Great deal in the link

https://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/cannon-safe-force-series-64-gun-safe#repChildCatid=4924637

THE VAULT DEAL ENDED AND ITS BACK TO $999 WAS 699

I bought some ammo on Midway and parts on Midway and Brownell's to build another 300BO upper. I got a side charging upper, with the bolt/carrier (of course) for $209. By the time you add up a bolt/carrier, stripped upper, upper parts kit and a charging handle, you come out at that or a bit higher. Midway also had Stoner uppers, complete with bolt/carrier and charging handle, flat top carbine style for $199. Free shipping. That's damn cheap.

I bought some ammo on Midway and parts on Midway and Brownell's to build another 300BO upper. I got a side charging upper, with the bolt/carrier (of course) for $209. By the time you add up a bolt/carrier, stripped upper, upper parts kit and a charging handle, you come out at that or a bit higher. Midway also had Stoner uppers, complete with bolt/carrier and charging handle, flat top carbine style for $199. Free shipping. That's damn cheap.

No doubt, damm cheap. Are you building a pistol or SBR out of the side charging upper? I've thought about jumping through the govt hoops and building a short barreled rifle. Guess today's sporterizing projects are going to be building and hot rodding the modern sporting rifle, AKA MSR's. No cheapie Mauser left and even the Nagants are becoming collectable.

Be interesting to see what happens if DCM dumps a bunch of 1911's on the market. Are buyers gong to leave them unmolested or customize?

It's for a 300BO pistol build. Today, you can build a pistol AR and use an arm brace and be legal. The "interpretation" of the "law" has changed over time. During the Obama nightmare era, if you held it up to your cheek and fired, you were OK, but if it touched your shoulder, it was a felony. That went away. Now it can touch your shoulder. But, if it came with velcro straps, you have to leave the straps on or it's a felony. The Shockwave Blade is a great arm brace. It doesn't come with velcro straps, so no problem if they are not there. However, when you put the set screw in, if you use blue locktite, you are OK, but red locktite is a felony.

https://www.kakindustry.com/shockwave

kak-shockwave-blade-8.jpg