Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Food Stamps

ken98k

What? Lobster and steak!

Many times I have stood in grocery lines behind women (generally with a brood of snot nosed kids) who rummaged past the cigarettes in their purses to get to their Quest Card. Often they bought foods I can't afford.

I know... I'm just mean spirited.

• 2 weeks later...

Come to my part of the country and it is not uncommon to see well dressed, non English speaking people using a food stamp debit card then drive off in a new or nearly new SUV or pick-up. They are an annoyance, often holding up the checkout lane getting in disputes over non covered items like beer, wine, pet food, paper and soap products. More often than not. Have to wait for a translator to come speak with them. In convenience stores kids will load up with junk food like ice cream, pastries and candy and swipe the food stamp card. The kids are wise enough to know the rules and buy soda in containers because it is not covered if poured from the fountain. Likely the same kids that get two free meals a day at school.

• 4 weeks later...