Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Correct Angle For The Recoil Pad?

youngtrout

Hello, well its been awhile but I'm finally picking up my project again, a new house, with tons of work put things on the back burner for me

My question, What angle do you guys usually mount the recoil pad in relationship to the barrel?? I don't have any factory stocks to measure?

I started with 90 degrees using a square, I figured this a safe bet but for some reason it looks a bit weird

For reference, its a richards montocarlo stock and a mark X (it took 22 weeks to get it by the way!!) but it looks alright, I think they always grade it a bit higher than what you get but my opinion

thanks for any feedback!!!

Hello, well its been awhile but I'm finally picking up my project again, a new house, with tons of work put things on the back burner for me

My question, What angle do you guys usually mount the recoil pad in relationship to the barrel?? I don't have any factory stocks to measure?

I started with 90 degrees using a square, I figured this a safe bet but for some reason it looks a bit weird

For reference, its a richards montocarlo stock and a mark X (it took 22 weeks to get it by the way!!) but it looks alright, I think they always grade it a bit higher than what you get but my opinion

thanks for any feedback!!!

I use a down pitch of about 2.5 inches. This works out to about 4 degrees. In other words the angle of the pad to the bore is about 86 degrees.