Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Books..icecream And Guns ..the Facts

karlunity

Pols and talking heads say that it is as easy to buy a gun as a book or icecream. Not so! I buy lots of books and have been known to buy ice cream(Only organic) It takes about 5 minutes and no paperwork or iD required at the supermarket or the bookstore
Buying a gun takes more than an hour, TWO forms of Photo ID( more than the pol would require to vote), A long USG form to fill in and a call in check and, after that is approved, the form is rechecked a third time. Criminals may not take that long as being criminals they do not obey the law. But for honest folk? It is a LOT longer and harder to buy a gun than "buying books or ice cream"

My favorite Brady Bunch statistic was their number of children killed my guns in their effort to require mandatory trigger locks. The stats were often flipped in liberal media to accidental deaths. Turned out the number of children included everybody under 30 years of age. The numbers included all firearm fatalities for that age group including suicide, justifiable etc. Best I remember when Sarah Brady was confronted on the phony stats. She responded with "if they (trigger locks) only saved the life of one child wouldn't it be worth it".

I recall something on Brady Bunch's web page showing pictures of some guy with a rifle he bought from an out of state seller on the internet. The scoped bolt action hunting rifle Brady named "sniper rifle" was legally purchased via a FFL. The Brady Bunch conveniently failed to mention the FFL and worded the article making it sound like it was delivered directly to the buyer by UPS.

If I remember it right. After Larry Pratt from GOA detailed how the sale actually occurred. The Brady Bunch removed the article from their web page with no explanation.

I remember back before the 1968GCA was passed we could buy a gun as easy as we could buy ice cream. We could even buy guns through the mail. After years of voting for democrats we now have to jump through hoops, yet crime was lower when we could buy guns like ice cream.

Seems like we went wrong somewhere