Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Atf M855 Ammo Ban Halted .... For Now.

Spiris

Yeah, saw they backed down. Kinda. It's like they backed off b ut are trying to save face. We'll see. I contacted my new Senator and House of Rep's guys to let them know how I felt on this issue. They are all R's and I hope I reminded them to keep an eye on things.

On the multiple posting thing, when you start a thread, if it hangs, open another browse tab and check the site. It is probably created. Just sometimes it takes a while for the existing window to refresh properly. Seems to be a quirk in this software.

Kelly File reported over 80,000 comments but did not give count of supporting vs opposing. I'm willing to bet the response was overwhelming in our favor. As fast as the door was closed I suspect the next move will be better planned or sneaked through.

The attempt was so reminiscent of the garbage pulled during the Carter administration. Carter and one of his side-kicks whose name I can't recall made several attempts at gun control through the fed bureaucracy. I can recall an attempt to regulate ammo through the Consumer Product Safety Admininstration or similarly named agency either created or given broad regulatory powers by Carter.

Some of you may recall of a few gunshow screw-ups by ATF during the Carter era making the news in gun rags. Undercover ATF agents posing as illegal buyers trying to arrest ATF agents posing as illegal sellers.