Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Enfield 44 Rem Mag

sonic1

That is a great looking rifle.

I have been looking for a bolt action in .44 remington mag for a deer rifle. (We can only use a rifle that uses certain pistol cartridges for deer season, strange, but true)

I know Rugar makes/made the 77/44, but would rather have one in the unique department.

Thats the coolest thing since sliced bread! Man, i like that, thats sweet. What type of enfield is that (SMLE)? With a conversion like that, I'm sure your about the only one around that has one. How difficult was it? Makes me wish i would have picked the one that BUBBA did get ahold of up for a mear sum of $50!

Good job.

Brenden

the mag latch is the same with a wedge added to it to latch the mag.. the mag sets in an adapter made from 1" square tubing

no mod needed to the receiver...filled in the trigger guard just for looks..

Pretty cool,

Well done bubba!

Just kidding, at least about bubba.

Funny thing, my parents still call me bubba, lol.

• 3 weeks later...

Not only did you do a really nice job on the rifle, I think its a really neat concept.

I plan on copying you design for my next project.

Do you have a picture of the mag well to show how you installed the tubing to configure the magwell.

Is that a single stack AK mag or a double stack 10 round model?

Where did you get the barrel ? I see some on Numrich's site.

Thanks

it"s a single stack ak..yes the barrel was from numricks ...the barrel looks like a old truck axel on the outside needed a lot of lathe time to cleanup..i"ll pull out the parts and post a pic of them for you ...filling the old trigger guard was for looks only..

the mag was the real work...needed a 1/4" wedge added to the top of the follower to tilt the shells up in the front to keep the rims from hanging up..thats why the enfield mags are shaped the way they are ..

MVC-009S-1.jpg

MVC-005S-1.jpg

MVC-002S-1.jpg

MVC-001S-2.jpg

MVC-007S-1.jpg

this is is all thats needed for this mod. the pic of the mag body has 2 1/8 " rods soldered to the inside of mag to keep bullets from moving to the front on recoil..lucky the mag has a nice shoulder in just the right place for them to set..

the feed ramp is not needed but fills in front ...cleans up the looks..the insert is made from 1" sq. tubing, has a piece of 1/8" keystock soldered in the front for the mag to hold on to..have fired 50 round that function great

Sonic,

Thanks for the added info. there is a company called

http://www.specialinterestarms.com/index.php

That sells parts to do all kind of conversions on the enfields. They also sell a single stack AK mag adapter. Im sure its expensive.

I ordered the 44 mag barrel from Numrich, I still dont have a doner action for the project.