Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Paperless Pre-98 Brazilain 7Mm Mausers.

AzRednek

I'm traveling to northern Arizona next week. Az residents know all to well, when out of town relatives arrive, its a trip to the Grand Canyon. Time permitting I'll try to visit J&G and check these out. Keep in mind J&G has a tendency to exaggerate. I'm curious how incomplete the "incomplete" $199 Mausers are. Nothing in ad about matching numbers so its likely a crap shoot.

http://www.jgsales.com/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=7-3343

From what I read they are on the whole POS...Cracked stocks..parts missing..pitted and rusty.

Also the 7mm ammo they have is far from the best. Some guys say that they got good ones but they had luck or I guess looked for a good one. Still it is far better than having to make nice nice to the inlaws.

Let us know what you find.

karl

From what I read they are on the whole POS...Cracked stocks..parts missing..pitted and rusty.

Also the 7mm ammo they have is far from the best. Some guys say that they got good ones but they had luck or I guess looked for a good one. Still it is far better than having to make nice nice to the inlaws.

Let us know what you find.

karl

I'm sure there were probably a few nice ones but those likely went to J&G employees or their friends. I'll try and get a look. J&G is about 20-25 minutes each way off the Interstate. Have to be careful visiting J&G with plastic in my wallet. They have a huge showroom with plenty displayed that is not on the net.

My thoughts are if you can walk out the door with anything decent; I say go for it

I can easily do that until the credit card bill shows up only to regret it. I went a bit crazy in there several years ago. I have a weakness for S&W revolvers and J&G was sitting on a bunch of police trade-ins. .

• 3 weeks later...

Maybe when I'm done with this bankruptcy, I'll hit it hard. Lol

Careful Rob. My former business partner ran into trouble a few months after his debts were cleared. We started a business with my money. A healthy credit card bill he got dismissed was watching his spending afterward. They contacted his bankruptcy lawyer demanding an explanation of how the business start up and an auto re-fi was funded. Can only guess but the credit card co had their eyes on him after his debts were dismissed. Don't get crazy with the spending.