Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Jimmy Carter Is Dignified During His Cancer Struggle

gun nutty

http://www.foxnews.com/health/2015/08/20/jimmy-carter-to-discuss-cancer-diagnosis-publicly/?intcmp=hpbt2

I don't know that former President Carter and I would agree on much politically, but I've always been impressed with his grace and sincerity. Politics aside, he's probably one of the most intelligent Presidents to serve. He's a former Navy man, serving with the Nuclear program at its infancy.

"I just thought I had a few weeks left, but I was surprisingly at ease. I've had a wonderful life," the 90-year-old Carter said. "It's in God's hands. I'll be prepared for anything that comes."

He's certainly a man who acts as he speaks, and his post-presidency's humanitarian efforts are without equal. At 90 and battling cancer, he's talking about finally "slowing-down". Wow.

I agree with most of what you say about Carter. Carter I believe is an honest man. My feelings are he had the wrong calling in life. Carter would have made an excellent preacher, school teacher or a social worker. He just didn't have the gonads, tenacity or what it takes to be a US President.

Best I recall of the Carter era was trying to live on a budget. I was the sole bread winner for a family of six. The grocery store was a nightmare, prices increased weekly. Everything was going up in cost and the only way I got by was selling off some Mexican gold I made a killing on.

I also believe that Jimmy Carter is basically a good man, and I admit that I voted for him when he became president, but have never voted for another democrat since. It was my first presidential vote and I learned a lot from that experience. Mr. Carter has lived a long and useful life, and I hope he can have a bit more worthwhile time, in spite of the fact that his political views are not mine.

Spiris

Now he's gotten brave and said he's for gay marriage. Sorry, but the guy scores 1 on a 0-10 scale.

I lost what little respect I had for Carter after he made remarks about bigotry and skin color having something to do with those that questioned Obama's Nobel Peace Prize. Not trying to jump off subject but Obama should give it back. I'll always remember Carter and the long lines to buy gas. About the only thing Carter did that I found favorable was his restoring the citizenship of Robert E Lee.