Military Firearm Restoration Corner

My Latest Aquisitions

AzRednek

Cruising Backpage again I did two more trades. I traded away a Remington 870 I made into a tactical model with Ebay parts for the Smith and Wesson 442-2 Airweight 38. I had apx 150-175 invested in the shotgun. Paying $140 for the stock Remington, selling off the walnut butt stock, forend and 30 inch full choke barrel on Ebay. Just about covered the cost of the tactical parts.

The other trade for a 1950's S&W Model 10 no dash. The M-10 came with a set of dried out Pachmeyers grips. I swapped the re-finished walnut grips originally from a J&G Sales 38, police trade-in. The J&G revolver shoots good but is to beat up to acquire any collector's value. The M-10 cost me a Hungarian FEG chambered in 9MM Mak. The FEG apx 12 years ago cost me 90 some bucks plus another 30 or so in two spare mags.

I could probably get 450 or more for the M-10 if I could fool a collector into believing the grips are original. The no dash models have some collectability. This one is as tight as brand new with very little wear on the turn line. The picture doesn't show it but the bluing still has the shine not found on later models. The only option I can find is the serrated trigger. Holster wear leaves the bluing about 90+ %.

Just can't help myself dealing with the young guys that feel like S&W revolvers are as antique to them as a land line.

Trades_zps4yxaeoua.jpg

• 2 weeks later...