Photo

Expert Shotgun

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Horsefly

Horsefly
  • Members
  • 1,795 posts
  • Interests:hunting,mausers,fishing,camping,traveling,wood working,and geneology.

Posted 05 April 2006 - 05:03 AM

A co-worker has a single shot shot gun that he says is only marked Expert.I know it's going to be a store brand name,but I can't find a cross reference anywhere that has the original maker.Anybody have a clue?Jerry

#2 Emul8

Emul8
  • Members
  • 489 posts
  • Interests:Collecting guns, reloading and shooting. Film, music, art, books.

Posted 05 April 2006 - 11:59 PM

Horsefly --

I checked (exhaustively) the GPC site as well as various "Googlings" for anything at all along the lines of what you are looking for, but I can't find anything either. I am wondering if the phrase "Expert" isn't a model designation more than a manufacturer. Or if there isn't some other information elsewhere on the gun that is just being overlooked? I don't want to say that your friend doesn't know what he's doing, but it's possible that something may have escaped his notice. It happens to the best of us! LOL!

At the GPC site I did notice that Harrington and Richardson at one time manufactured a pistol called an "Expert", so, I suppose it's possible that they could have made a single shot shotgun with a similar moniker.

If you find out any more about this, please let us know what you come up with...or if your friend can find anything at all that could aid in identifying the shotgun, I'd be willing to help search it up!

#3 Horsefly

Horsefly
  • Members
  • 1,795 posts
  • Interests:hunting,mausers,fishing,camping,traveling,wood working,and geneology.

Posted 06 April 2006 - 05:02 AM

Good morning Emy,and thanks for the help! Your right about there may be some more info on the gun that the dude aint seeing,so I need to get it and go over it real close.I have an old 12ga. single shot with a 36'' barrel that belonged to both my grandfathers,they were lifelong friends and almost neighbors and done a lot of swapping,and the gun only has LONG TOM stamped on the barrel.I'll check the H&R lead,because who ever they made the pistol for surely used the name on their other guns.Thanks again for the help.Jerry

#4 AzRednek

AzRednek
  • Members
  • 3,400 posts

Posted 26 May 2006 - 04:42 AM

QUOTE(Horsefly @ Apr 6 2006, 11:02 AM) View Post

Good morning Emy,and thanks for the help! Your right about there may be some more info on the gun that the dude aint seeing,so I need to get it and go over it real close.I have an old 12ga. single shot with a 36'' barrel that belonged to both my grandfathers,they were lifelong friends and almost neighbors and done a lot of swapping,and the gun only has LONG TOM stamped on the barrel.I'll check the H&R lead,because who ever they made the pistol for surely used the name on their other guns.Thanks again for the help.Jerry

This is a long shot (no pun intended!!) I believe Monkey Wards used the word "Expert" on shotgun shells. Possibly they marketed the shotgun.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users