Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Finnish Adjustable Target Trigger

dirtyjim

Just a suggestion, call Timney. Chances are good with all the recent low cost Nagant imports he might have something on the drawing board, possibly knows where to find the Valmet or know of a source elsewhere. I've been to Timney's a few times. The founder's son, really a nice and helpful guy is currently running the business. If you can get to him by asking questions his receptionist can't answer, Timney appears to take the call from what I saw. Watch the language Timney and his employees appeared to be religious.

http://www.timneytriggers.com/

I'd betcha that Timney could build you a Mosin trigger using half as many moving parts as are in that diagram.

It may just be me, but that Finnish trigger seems a little busy for what it is.

• 5 weeks later...
What did he do about the bolt stop? Is he just using the sear, or di he install an additional piece?

The bolt stop is a little problem but it doesn´t matter if you remember to take care that you don´t pull the bolt too heavy too long backwards when cocking. This is not a problem because I use my rifle only birdhunting and so all of us knows one carefull shot is there enough ;) I´m sorry but I don´t have any pictures of converting TIMNEY but here is some pictures of rifle.

mosinosavasen1vt7.th.jpg

mosinosaoikea1hg4.th.jpg

mosinkokooikea1fi0.th.jpg

Show me the money!!!!

Please provide picture of tigger assembly on the barreled action. (No stock please)..

Sweet rifle, what kind of wood is that? Very tight grains... must have taken you awhile to stain.

BTW, what kind of mount is that?

The bolt stop is a little problem but it doesn´t matter if you remember to take care that you don´t pull the bolt too heavy too long backwards when cocking. This is not a problem because I use my rifle only birdhunting and so all of us knows one carefull shot is there enough ;) I´m sorry but I don´t have any pictures of converting TIMNEY but here is some pictures of rifle.

mosinosavasen1vt7.th.jpg

mosinosaoikea1hg4.th.jpg

Very nice!

It's amazing how good these rifles can look when sporterized.

I may have to try one when I get some of the projects finished that are cluttering up my bench now.

• 5 months later...

mosinosavasen1vt7.th.jpg

mosinosaoikea1hg4.th.jpg

Hello Sir, I am a new memeber of the forum. would you mind to give me some more infos on the MN in the fotos??? it seems to me that the barrel has been changed in one of caliber 7x53. I am very interested on some more informations, so I would really appreciate if you could share with me. Thanks

The caliber is actually Finnish factory-wildcat 7x53R. A shell is same as 7,62x53R but necked down to 7 mm (.284) bullet. SAKO and LAPUA made this caliber from early 50's to late 70's. Nowadays it is very difficult to find these ammos. That's why I just ordered 7x53R (or x54R so you says) dies fron CH4D.

This rifle has been made to my father in 1963. The maker was gunsmith Aarre Viitanen from Kauhajoki, Finland. When I some years ago got this rifle I decided to customize it a little. So i change the stock and trigger and finally adjust the siderail for scope mounts. That scope in picture is NICKEL but nowadays there is a BURRIS Fullfield on the rifle.

The caliber is actually Finnish factory-wildcat 7x53R. A shell is same as 7,62x53R but necked down to 7 mm (.284) bullet. SAKO and LAPUA made this caliber from early 50's to late 70's. Nowadays it is very difficult to find these ammos. That's why I just ordered 7x53R (or x54R so you says) dies fron CH4D.

This rifle has been made to my father in 1963. The maker was gunsmith Aarre Viitanen from Kauhavajoki, Finland. When I some years ago got this rifle I decided to customize it a little. So i change the stock and triggerb and finally adjust the siderail for scope mounts. That scope in picture is NICKEL but nowadays there is a BURRIS Fullfield on the rifle.

thanks indeed, very kind

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...