A Mighty Fine Mauser Sporter

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 mauserman69

mauserman69
  • Members
  • 172 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 03:02 PM

Check out GB # 267432756. A 1909 Argentine action mauser sporter. This is when I wish I was rich, instead of good looking. LOL Also read why this dealer won`t take any bids from CA. folks or sell & ship anything to anybody living in CA. He speaks the truth IMO.

#2 ken98k

ken98k
  • Members
  • 2,382 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Shooting, Camping, Boating, Jeeps, and MAUSER rifles

Posted 06 January 2012 - 04:31 PM

Very nice but I've seen rifles built by some of our members here that were just as nice.
Just get a mauser action and build one of your own! I don't think I would recomend building a 416 rem though.

#3 AzRednek

AzRednek
  • Members
  • 3,400 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 09:11 PM

Very nice indeed but the price is way out of line.

#4 rustvyper

rustvyper
  • Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 09:40 PM

Holy smokes! 5G's!?!?! I need to build me a 416 remmy & sell it quick!!! That's a pretty sporty price for a gun with no engraving, carving or gold inlay on it.

#5 odies dad

odies dad
  • Members
  • 631 posts
  • Interests:guns, shooting, cars, family

Posted 06 January 2012 - 09:53 PM

I don't think he wanted to sell it very bad. No bids. Read his rant regarding Kalifornia. He has some really good points. I suspect it was a way of posting his dislike for Commiefornia politics.
Nice looking rifle with lots of neat gadgets.

#6 dirtyjim

dirtyjim
  • Members
  • 235 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 10:08 AM

while it is a vey nice rifle there are a few things about it that just don't look right to me.
if your spending 6K+ on a build an inletted rear swivel base should have need installed instead of a screw in stud.
the cheekpiece & shape of the stock in front of it dosn't look quite right, but that might just be a matter of personal taste.
its hard to tell exactly what the forend tip is made from, might be horn but it looks a little to much like plasic to be ebony.
rear bridge was cut back to far and now the back of the extractor isn't inside the rear bridge.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users