California Weapons And Ammo Cache

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 AzRednek

AzRednek
  • Members
  • 3,360 posts

Posted 23 March 2012 - 12:46 PM

You may have heard on the news about a southern California man put under 72-hour psychiatric observation when it was found he owned 100 guns and allegedly had (by rough estimate) 1-million rounds of ammunition stored in his home. The house also featured a secret escape tunnel.

My favorite quote from the dimwit television reporter: "Wow! He has about a million machine gun bullets."

The headline referred to it as a "massive weapons cache."

By southern California standards someone even owning 100,000 rounds would be called "mentally unstable."

Just imagine if he lived elsewhere:

In Arizona , he'd be called "an avid gun collector."

In Arkansas , he'd be called "a novice gun collector."

In Utah , he'd be called "moderately well prepared," but they'd probably reserve judgment until they made sure that he had a corresponding quantity of stored food.

In Idaho , he'd be called "The neighborhood 'Go-To' guy."

In Wyoming , he'd be called "an eligible bachelor."

In Minnesota , he'd be called "a likely gubernatorial candidate."

And, in Maine , Michigan , the Dakotas, Wisconsin , Texas and the South, he'd be called "a huntin' buddy."

#2 ken98k

ken98k
  • Members
  • 2,370 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Shooting, Camping, Boating, Jeeps, and MAUSER rifles

Posted 23 March 2012 - 01:42 PM

I've noticed the police everywhere do the same. Even here in Alaska if they're trying to "get" someone the purps collection becomes an arsenal.

#3 AzRednek

AzRednek
  • Members
  • 3,360 posts

Posted 28 March 2012 - 02:00 PM

I've noticed the police everywhere do the same. Even here in Alaska if they're trying to "get" someone the purps collection becomes an arsenal.

Remember when the gorilla's sister, Janet Reno was calling for an arsenal license and high fees for anybody owning more than a few firearms. Don't recall all the facts but I think she was calling for a limit of 30 rds of ammo per firearm. If I remember correctly she was kind enough to exempt 22RF. Reno was also behind the warrant-less and in many cases no-knock searches and gun confiscation in govt funded housing. If Obama is re-elected I expect much more of the same.

#4 ken98k

ken98k
  • Members
  • 2,370 posts
  • Interests:Hunting, Shooting, Camping, Boating, Jeeps, and MAUSER rifles

Posted 28 March 2012 - 09:53 PM

If Obama is re-elected I expect much more of the same.

It's going to get worse regardless of who sits in the oval office. 1/2 due to apathy, and 1/2 because that's the way people want it.

If you had told me 1980 that I would be nearly strip searched and x-rayed before I could fly from city to city in my home state, and the people were happy to be safe, I would have laughed at you.

If you had told me in 1990 that a supposed conservative republican president and legislature would come up with a so-called patriot act, and no one would speak up, I would have thought you were loony.

If you had told me in 2000 that a supposed conservative republican president and legislature would publically advocate torturing captured enemy combatants, and no one would speak up, I would have called you a liar.

Now you say my gun rights will be in danger if a liberal democrat gets re-elected.
Well, you’re no doubt correct.

However, if the dirtbag from massachusetts takes over, you can kiss everything good bye.
He is the elite of the elites. He is Obama's eveil half brother, and legally crushing a few gun totin rednecks will be just another feather in his cap.
Oh yea, and the people will be happy to be safe.

#5 FC

FC

Farting Chicken. Head rooster

• Admin
  • 5,892 posts

Posted 01 April 2012 - 07:08 PM

I keep wondering when some of the states will tell the Federal Gubmint to get lost, that they won't follow Washington, D.C.'s dictates?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users