Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Jackpot!

FC

Holy Schmuckatoley Batman, I made $950 on $11,000 on PEIX, Pacific Ethanol, in 2 stinkin' days! Man, that doesn't happen everyday.

I can't help it, I had to tell you guys. In this bull market, if you are willing to bust your butt using your brain, there is money to be made. I've only been doing this 3 months.

I offered to do more here at work, and they turned me down, so I'm using my time for something constructive, when I have time.

Yeah, I do lose some, but I get smarter every day. I told my brothers about this and not a response. Why? I guess they figure they can't do it.

Capitalists!

I am surrounded here by capitalists!

So, what do you think about medical stocks, most notably HCA? The OCM gold fund has left me with only a .27% return, while my Ginnie Maes are returning about 6%. Gold is supposed to be a good thing to invest in now, so says my broker.

But .27%?

fritz

I don't claim greatness, but I'll tell you what I've gleaned. Medical is not good right now. Gold might be maxing out. GG is doing well, but how much higher can it go? Heavy equipment, like CAT and CMI are doing well. Mining is doing well. I'm really sold on energy. I think that GSNH is going to do really well in the next year, but that's my guess. I know the ethanol industry is a no brainer. Ethanol is THE additive to replace the present octane booster MTBE eventually. I hit the PEIX just right. It went up 3.10 today, then dropped over a buck by the end of the day. It could take several days to get back to that level. I sold about $7700 worth midday. Ethanol companies: PEIX, XTHN, MGPI.

Investors Business Daily is a must read every day, in my opinion. It shows what stocks are really doing well. www.nasdaq.com is a good place to go every day too. I skip the brokers, and do it myself. You could try it free. Go to www.investors.com

HCA looks terrible. It's been sliding for a long time. I couldn't find OCM or Ginnie Mae. I'd need a stock symbol or a name I can look up.

Actually, I'm going to stay out of active trading on the stock market and keep investing in mutual funds, annuities, etc. I know I will not make $900 in one day, but I also know I will not lose $1,000 in one day.

Besides, we are in the midst of a drought here right now, and I spend my free time (that part of the day away from the golf course) on feeding my cows.

I shipped a load of calves today, hope the market is good.

That is my way of trying to make it to Medicare age, when I can really "retire".

HA!

BTW the Ginnie Maes I refer to are government mortgage funds that are not listed as a single symbol. The OCM gold fund is also a part of a mutual fund. These are all part of annuities and funds that we just call "Ginnie Mae". Gold is separate from the government mortgage funds, and is doing poorly. I did not know how badly HCA was doing, but you know how it is--people will always get sick and need to go to a hospital, so I expect their stock to rebound.

Maybe it's doing so badly now is because---no I won't say it.

fritz

You have to be really picky when it comes to pharmaceuticals and medical. I did buy IRIS, which deals with lab testing equipment, but I don't want to touch other medical stuff. It can go bad in a hurry. I sure wouldn't go with annuities myself. The returns really are not good, just safe.

You have to be really picky when it comes to pharmaceuticals and medical. I did buy IRIS, which deals with lab testing equipment, but I don't want to touch other medical stuff. It can go bad in a hurry. I sure wouldn't go with annuities myself. The returns really are not good, just safe.

Yes, the returns on annuities are not great, but as you said, safe.

I am too old to risk my hard earned money in stocks. My father never did, and he turned a $50,000 annuity into $100,000 before he passed it on to me and my sister. We still have it, and it is safe. If we need it, it is there. And the returns are tax deferred until withdrawn. As we get older we tend to have less income (thus less income tax). Cashing in an annuity in a year that you are in a lower income tax bracket only makes sense.

Hell, if my well comes in I won't even need the annuity. I can pass it on to my son. When I got home tonight I saw a new rig lit up just to the east of me. They are getting closer.

fritz