Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Cetme Build From A Parts Kit

bubbamauser

I know I'm not supposed to use .308 commercial in these but with Remington 150. core lokt I was getting about 6" group at 100yds off iron sights. I have since put a scope on it but haven't been back out to sight it in.

Roy

I put two boxes of 308 and 10 rds of US GI 7.62 tracers through my Century. About 5 or 6 inches at 100 yds is the best I got with the commercial stuff. I shot one box of Remington and the other box I think was S&B, can't remember for certain. The orange tipped US tracers I shot diagonally into the 200 yard lane so I could see them glow, don't know if they would have grouped any better. Mine the bolt goes about 95% home and has to be pushed manually the rest the way. According to J&G whom I bought it from, claims it needs to fired a hundred times or better, to supposedly "break it in" before the bolt closes completely on every shot.

• 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...

I am building a CETME on a CIA receiver right now. I wasnt to spec when I got it so I am having to tweak the receiver as I am building it. I will post some pics when I finish it up. I have the trunnion welded in so far and am working on it slowly, clod weather here makes it hard to get in the shop and work with metal. ;)