Military Firearm Restoration Corner

New Project - Siamese Mauser

BradD

Larry, thanks for the info. I'm going to start with my 45-70 4198 loads and work up and also run the RL7 up as far as it will go.

I always liked the 350 bullets best and want to stick with them. It was a bit disheartening to see how long the Barnes 3X bullets were. I may have to go with 300's and I really don't want to. Stupid condors!!!

Anyway, it should be getting home soon, but I still have to stock it so may be awhile til I can shoot bullets out of it. I guess this will be a saga.

Will keep your info in mind, Larry.

Thanks,

Brad

Larry, I was just revisiting your photos and noticed the scope in the ctg pic. How do you mount your scope? Looks like 90 degrees to the port.

Brad

Brad

Yes the scope is 90 degrees to the port side. This just opens up the ejection port for easier/faster loading with big cartridges. I've found it takes a quality scope to reliably hold zero if you do this and right now this is the only rifle I've a scope mounted on as such. With the Leupold I just have to remember that left is down, right is up, up is left and down is right....or is it the other way around.........

Larry Gibson

• 4 weeks later...