Military Firearm Restoration Corner

In Sc

FC

Hi folks, we're all in SC now. Been working hard and getting sunburned unloading my lifetime supply of wood and ammo cans. Folks are nice around here. One neighbor brought a bunch of fruit and vegetables from her garden. "Spider" introduced himself from across the road. The former owners came by and showed us a lot of stuff we needed to know on the property. I plan to build a small midwestern style barn for chickens. It will be 10 x 14 x 11 high. Thinking about some goats too. Met the cowboy church preacher for local BBQ. TX BBQ is better, and I plan to prove it! Can't find a double barrel smoker here, so will probably build a pit. Hope all is well with you folks.

Welcome back to the mainland.

Glad to read that things are going well.

Keep us informed as the Hippy and I am looking for a place to retire to in about a year.

So far FL is on the top of the list...so far.

karl

So far FL is on the top of the list...so far.

karl

I thought you were going to pass on the FL retirement communities?

Seems to me those places are where people go and wait to die.

The Mustang is en route from Hawaii. I'm missing it.

Sounds like Ford did the hard thing and passed up the Camaro for 2011. Better review V-6 vs. V-6, even matching the HP and mileage. I have a V-8, and it sure is a gas hog.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello ken98k

You are not far wrong.

The Villages was sort of like "the magic kingdom" for old folk.

Nice but not real. That is why I am still looking.

I was in Alaska in the late 70s in Northern Warfare School and like your state.

Problem is the Hippy does not like the cold. So I gotta try warm places first.

karl

Hi folks, we're all in SC now. Been working hard and getting sunburned unloading my lifetime supply of wood and ammo cans. Folks are nice around here. One neighbor brought a bunch of fruit and vegetables from her garden. "Spider" introduced himself from across the road. The former owners came by and showed us a lot of stuff we needed to know on the property. I plan to build a small midwestern style barn for chickens. It will be 10 x 14 x 11 high. Thinking about some goats too. Met the cowboy church preacher for local BBQ. TX BBQ is better, and I plan to prove it! Can't find a double barrel smoker here, so will probably build a pit. Hope all is well with you folks.

So are you out of the service or what?Now you will deal with va health care.