Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Proud Of Myself!

AzRednek

I had a family get-together in Prescott Az yesterday. I just can't go to Prescott about a two hour drive from my home in Phoenix without stopping by J&G's showroom. Couldn't believe it but I walked out of there empty handed. J&G's showroom is like a zoo on weekends, place was packed. I wanted to get a closer look at some of the mil-surps but a sales clerk told me apx 30-45 minute wait. First time I've visited J&G without buying something, not even a box of ammo. Had my son tagging along that was hinting around his desire to get one of J&G's police surplus S&W's. My son got word of a possible lay-off in November so he passed on it. Saying he'd better hang on to the money. I think his real motive is his birthday is in a couple of weeks.

I did get a close up look at one of the Swiss straight pull bolt rifles. Another customer wound up buying two. The one I looked at appeared to have never been fired. It had it's fair share of storage dings and the leather sling was a bit brittle but myself, the customer and J&G sales clerk could not see any indication of it ever being fired. I didn't stick around long enough to see the second one.

The sales appear to be different than J&G's gunshow tables. At the gunshows the majority of what I see sold by J&G are AK's, AK variants or other semi-rifles like AR's. In the showroom I saw more bolt action rifles, handguns and some of J&G's collectibles being looked at and going out the door.

Can sum it up by saying J&G's founder's son has really built up a successful business. There was quite a bit of merchandise going out the door, all to local buyers. No telling how much was going out the back door being shipped to out of state dealers and licensed collectors.