Military Firearm Restoration Corner

I Sense A Scam

AzRednek

I bought a $5.00 raffle ticket at a gunshow Sunday. I got a call saying I won!! I had to pick one of three 1911's and they are supposed to arrive late this week. During my years as a mailman I saw so many people get notices they won something and it turned out to be a scam. One exception was a woman that hit the grand prize off of a cereal box sweepstakes. I got the registered letter the day after she moved. I forwarded it and later read about it in the newspaper.

I just have a bad feeling about my win. Naturally I'll be here bragging if I really collect something or telling about my letter to the Az Attorney General's Office Consumer Fraud division. About 20 or so years ago. Mine and other complaints led to the prosecution of a scammer. Told I won a sewing machine. When I went to pick it up I was told I had won $60.00, maybe it was 160 off the cost of a new machine. It would have cost me over $300 to carry it home. Stand by!!

Back about 8 or 9 years ago I bought a $5 raffle ticket from one of the smaller milsurp boards and low & behold I became the proud owner of an absolutely gorgeous Aztec non counter-bored M38 in a laminated stock.

That was pretty much the only thing of any real value that I have ever won.

I sold it about 6 months ago for $300+ so it turned out to be an excellent return on $5