Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Hirohito Was Responsible For Japan's Attack On The Usa

FC

FC.

Trust me I used to get paid to teach this stuff.

NOTHING happened or I suspect ever will will happen in Japan if the Son of Heaven does not want it to happen.

If Christ himself walked in to your home and you were convinced beyond question that it WAS Christ and he told you to do something or not do something

Would you obey? It was and is and always shall be the same with the Japanese and the Emperor.

We pushed the line that he was a figurehead, for two reasons I think: Russia was going to be a problem and the Japanese could be helpful and the simple fact that we had no wish to kill every man women and child in Japan which would have been required if we hung the sob.

karl

Were you taught too that Hirohito was a helpless pawn at the mercy of the Japanese Army?

Best I recall from my late 60's high school the above statement is pretty correct. My h/s history teacher portrayed him as a physically clumsy patsy of the military. Best I recall from h/s history it was the leader of the Japanese Navy that held the most power. My senior year civics teacher a retired WW2 A/F bird colonel that claimed to have been on Lemay's staff. Didn't have many kind words for the Japanese. He referred to Japs as "Nips" and had a nickname for Hirohito I just can't get off the tip of my tongue. I think it was something like "Hirotohole". He claimed Hirohito wanted to surrender but held out until he had some kind of off the record agreement with Truman preserving his position and not charging him with war crimes.

Every one from 1946 on was told the the emp was just a harmless poor pawn of the evil Militarily or the industrialists.

It is not until you start to study Japanese history that you come to realize that that is BS.

The Emp lets it be known: What he wants or does not want The Japanese can be VERY indirect.

China would NOT have been invaded or the USA attacked if the emp did not want that done.

karl