• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 FC

FC

Farting Chicken. Head rooster

• Admin
  • 6,972 posts

Posted 25 November 2017 - 07:35 AM

I've been working on an antique sleigh to sell at the antique mall, but my wife doesn't want me to sell it. I'm not going to upholster it. They kerf-sawed the sides and back, but it was half rotten. I bought flexible plywood. It wasn't sanded at all, and all the plies run one way. I've still got to figure out how to get the front snow shield on. It even has boot scrapers built into both sides. It has iron eagle finials for the front curved oak. I'm painting it with oil-based barn red paint. Looks old. The base still needs to be painted black. One of the front curves is snapped off. I'll restore that with wood epoxy. You can tell this wasn't built for today's Americans. It's small and can't handle a lot of weight. I'll edit this today and add pictures of the progress. I also have a surrey to restore.

Attached Files

#2 Dr.Hess

Dr.Hess
  • Admin
  • 1,821 posts

Posted 26 November 2017 - 07:58 AM

I remember when you got that.  It's coming along.  Going to be real handy when you move to Texas. :P

#3 karlunity

karlunity
  • Admin
  • 5,689 posts
  • Interests:The United States
    History
    Old firearms

Posted 26 November 2017 - 09:44 AM

Nice work FC

karl

#4 FC

FC

Farting Chicken. Head rooster

• Admin
  • 6,972 posts

Posted 26 November 2017 - 05:20 PM

I got a chuckle out of that one. I paid $165 for it, but the flexible plywood cost some money, as well as the wood epoxy from Rot Doctor. Good stuff though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users