Military Firearm Restoration Corner

I Posed A Question To Governor Rick Perry

ShooterTom

"Dear Governor Perry, Do you support nullification of any new Federal Government attempt to further gut the Second Amendment of the Bill Of Rights? Up to and including arresting Federal Agents that attempt to enforce unconstitutional laws on Texas soil?"

I doubt I will get a reply.

Tom

Politicians being that the govt is footing the cost usually answers all written correspondence. If it was sent by email an answer is iffy. For a couple of weeks when I worked for the Post Office. I worked next to another employee that delivered to McCain's Phoenix office. He was told McCain was receiving tens of thousands email daily and no way they could possibly respond. Your hand written, snail mailed letter will have the biggest impact and get an answer. Even if you're answered by a pre-written form letter signed by a machine. The data will be collected and weighed against opposing views.

I was told by a former congressional aid. The politician collects data on you, notes if you vote and you will usually get preferential treatment if you're a campaign donor. Don't think your letter doesn't have an effect, it does. If Perry gets 10,000 letters opposing gun control and a handful of pro gun control. It will have an impact on how he votes. Online petitions I'm told do not get much attention as the majority of signatures are not in their district.