Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Good To Have A Lawyer Handy.

karlunity

I recently read an article on the California PoPo going around confiscating guns. Like if your wife or child goes in the hospital for mental health issues, they send a special squad to your house to take your guns. Can't have them there with the wife or kid, now, can we? They even bragged that they had no legal authority to do it, so they had to talk their way in to the house. Once in, they would then do whatever they want, apparently. Also, it seems that at this time, they are still respecting "No." As in "Can I come in a minute?" "No." I think they also said all guns were destroyed. Did I see the link on here or somewhere else? Anyway, scary stuff.

I just would NOT answer the door.

If they have a warrant, let them kick the door in.

If they don't, they cannot then say that I let them in.

The state of the door is proof.

karl

Karl being formerly married to a cop I can assure they do and will lie in court to protect themselves or their partners. "I kicked in the door after hearing a woman's voice yelling help help please don't hurt me".

Oh, and I was at a wally world supercenter today. No 22, no 9mm, not even any 40. Very few rifle rounds, some shotgun stuff. BUT... there were 3 AR's. 1 Colt (!) for $1387 and 2 other branded ones (I forget, never heard of them) for $847.

Oh, and I was at a wally world supercenter today. No 22, no 9mm, not even any 40. Very few rifle rounds, some shotgun stuff. BUT... there were 3 AR's. 1 Colt (!) for $1387 and 2 other branded ones (I forget, never heard of them) for $847.

Wow! $847 is cheap, especially now.

Last week at a local gun shop they had a Colt AR for 1999.99. The salesman said something about adding a couple off off-brand 30 rd mags.

I don't have any first hand knowledge but DPMS AR-15's get good press for the lack of a better description in the gun rags and from what I've seen on the Sportsman's and Outdoor cable channels.

I read somewhere recently on the net. Many AR-15 manufactures are stuck as there are only a handful of USA factories producing AR bolt carriers. I assume along with a healthy price increase the factories producing the bolt carriers are spitting them out as fast as possible but obviously not keeping up with the demand. I can't recall the name of the AR manufacture named in the article or newsgroup post. Their factory or assembly plant was nearly idle and employees furloughed. They had hundreds of nearly completed AR's in stock ready to go out the door as soon as they obtain bolt carriers.