Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms

ken98k

You know if I were an "anti" I would start a "progun group..I would be a flaming zealot and curse the NRA as wimps.

Get a lot of e-mail or blogg support. Then when the time was right, come out with a lot of press as "A responsible gun group willing to compromise for the common good" That would put pressure on the NRA and give political cover to the gungrabbers.

sneaky karl

You know if I were an "anti" I would start a "progun group..I would be a flaming zealot and curse the NRA as wimps.

Get a lot of e-mail or blogg support. Then when the time was right, come out with a lot of press as "A responsible gun group willing to compromise for the common good" That would put pressure on the NRA and give political cover to the gungrabbers.

sneaky karl

Karl, here is a C&P from a post I did 2 days ago when I read about their betrayal. Pretty much echoes you point.

http://mausercentral.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=44386

just say'n

I've heard of the group, at one time I thought they were ok but not anymore. they can go straight to h#ll

I also read an article at ammoland news today from the NSSF that said the CCRKBA form of gun control was bad but we needed to support their version of gun control by supporting the grassly version of gun control.

They claim their version of gun control will fix gun control.

What ever happened to REPEALING gun control!

CCRKBA has been around a long time. Haven't heard that name in a decade, at least.

CCRKBA got it's kick start while the NRA was going soft before the so-called Cincinnati reforms. NRA mgmt. was turning the NRA into a conservation group more along the lines of Ducks Unlimited. After Cincinnati, the election of Harlan Carter and the creation of the NRA-ILA with Neil Knox as the head lobbyist. CCRKBA membership, mine included declined after the NRA-ILA was created. CCRKBA's leader John Snyder worked closely with the founder of GOA, I believe it was Larry Pratt.

One noteworthy thing CCRKBA did was end the tax exempt status of the then NCBH (National Coalition To Ban Handguns) I can't recall exactly how they did it but I believe working through a Congressman they got IRS to look into their finances. The NCBH is credited with creating and legitimizing the term "Saturday Night Special" in the 70's. The NCBH cashed in on the tragic murder of John Lennon with a so-called SNS getting front page publicity in nearly every major newspaper. Just like today, never let a good crisis go to waste.