Military Firearm Restoration Corner

White Male Veteran Scholarship Idea

FC

I had a funny, but semi-serious thought today. When I was enrolled at Clarkson College of Nursing I got a lot of emails about diversity and scholarships for females and minority females. My thought is to send Clarkson a notice for email for a $1000 scholarship for a Caucasian male veteran nursing student. Wonder how many eyebrows would be raised with that one? We all know that males, especially white males, have no scholarships aimed for them. I joked with my wife that I should add hearing impaired, over 50, and follicularly challenged!

I wouldn't worry about the tax deductability. It is how The Man controls you. If you want tax deductability, you'll have to set up a 501C4 or something, and just look at what the IRS did the to the Tea Party. What are you going to get out of it anyway? 25% back off your and other donor's taxes? Screw that. Just do what you want and avoid the massive fed hand telling you exactly what to do. It's worth the $25 to me just to not mess with it.

I don't care about specialties. Didn't even know nurses had specialties in school, actually. Never really thought about it. I know after they are out, there's a big difference between the nurses on the medicine floor and those on the surgery floor, and don't go asking the medicine floor nurses to change dressings.

Anyway, if you want to, you organize it how you want and like I said, I'll kick in a bill. You know how the scholarship game goes. Apply, send a paragraph, etc., as to why they want/need the scholarship. Hell, you could do it all online on the site here with a sub forum. Register for the site, post your paragraph, etc. Just tossing out ideas.

You will need to make a clear definition of what you consider to be White. As in: "A child of parents who are both of full Indigenous White European descent.

One thing that will happen if this scholarship gets noticed, the cultural marxists will come out of the woodwork to challenge it.

You will get a young Obama type with a black parent and a White parent, but they consider themself to be white and therefore qualify.

May also want to specify what the money is to be used for exactly. I will help out when the time comes best I can.

Tom

Tom, Caucasian enough that nobody wants to give you a scholarship. I don't know how to define that. I thought about American Indians too, but guess they have educational benefits. It's people like me who have no real chance of getting a scholarship. Here are the intial requirements I thought of:

Scholarship Requirements

Enrolled in nursing school full time- unofficial transcript

3.0 or better GPA

Honorable Discharge

Photograph, military photograph preferable

Essay: background, military experience, why do you want to be a nurse, personal goals, and why you need the scholarship.

P.S. I looked and there are tribal scholarships for American Indians. On the white male scholarship site they will accept 25% Caucasian. Honestly, if you are 50-75% non-white you have access to scholarships. The goal is to give white guys who are not top of their high school class (and eligible for scholarships) a chance to make something of themselves. Heck, I was a lousy student in high school.

You will need to make a clear definition of what you consider to be White. As in: "A child of parents who are both of full Indigenous White European descent. Tom

I really enjoy when filling out questionnaires when asked about my race I always check Hispanic. My great-grandmother was born in Madrid Spain, making me of Hispanic decent. Any dictionary defines Hispanic as, of Spanish origin or decent. Many Spaniards also object to being defined as Hispanic preferring Castilian. I've heard but haven't seen it yet. On the ATF 4473 forms there is a question asked about being Hispanic.

I have not heard from that organization, so guess that means proceed without them.

Do the requirements sound good enough. I should be able to verify ID well enough to prevent fraud. Any ideas on putting this out? I could send it to NWSU, Shreveport, LA, where I graduated nursing school, and Clarkson. See if they'll take it. If not, go elsewhere. If no one takes it, or the applicants don't qualify we get to keep our money. Call it the Sporterizing.com scholarship? WMVNS (white male veteran nursing scholarship)? I only plan on this being a one time deal to appease my cheaper self. Wonder if the Army would dare send it out? Kind of doubt any gubmint employees would have the guts to send it out. I could do a double tweak and call it the Military Firearm Restoration Corner Scholarship!

How does this sound?

A one-time, privately funded $1000 scholarship for the only group that has little in the way of scholarships- white male veterans. The men of Military Firearm Restoration Corner is financing this opportunity for white male veterans. Application cut-off is August 31, 2013.

Scholarship application requirements:

White, male veteran (meaning unable to apply for minority scholarships due to being Caucasian)

Enrolled in nursing school full time- unofficial transcript okay

3.0 or better GPA

Copy of your honorable discharge

Military photograph

Essay: background, military experience, why do you want to be a nurse, personal goals, and a short essay on why you deserve the scholarship.

POC: anthonyhrkn@yahoo.com

The goal is to give white guys who are not top of their high school class (and eligible for scholarships) a chance to make something of themselves. Heck, I was a lousy student in high school.

NAACP will label it an Anti Affirmative Action Racist organization in the making.

Ever ask why their isn't a Caucasion Congressional Caucus???

Ever ask why their isn't a Caucasion Congressional Caucus???

They ("they" meaning minority groups) call it "White Privilege". White privilege, a phrase I never heard until Fox News especially in Hannity's once a week Media Mash started showing reports originally broadcast on MSNBC.

"White Privilege", Meaning what? Whites should feel privileged to pay for all the non whites that are freeloaders. And have gaurantees of more than fair treatment such as Affirmative Action reverse racist crap.

IMO, anything what so ever that makes a distinction or sets a diversity quota based on race is totally racist.

JM2c

I've started sending out the scholarship to nursing schools. Right now just Clarkson, Shreveport, and will next work on TX schools, unless some of you have a preference. I do appreciate you fellas piping up and offering to foot some of this bill. Does smart a bit spending that much!

Not a word from a soul. Guess people may be more lilly-livered than I thought they were. Not too many people will risk their job security for what is right. Allnurses.com pulled my post because it was "soliciting".

I figured out what UTMB was and sent off an email.

Well I have one nibble now from UTSA (Univ. TX, San Antonio):

Hi Anthony,

Thank you for reaching out with this scholarship offer! As you likely know, UTHSCSA is unable to award scholarships based on race or gender/sex, but we can certainly help to promote this wonderful scholarship as an “external scholarship”. I’m going to touch base with our office of Financial Aid and Veteran Services to determine what the best approach is to promoting this award. I will be in touch soon to confirm.

Thank you so much!

Gwen