Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Mauser Stripped Actions

• 6 months later...

You guys just remember about in person transfers or via FFL. We don't want the board to get in trouble. The Feds say a stripped receiver post 1897 is a firearm.

Just for the sake of accuracy. January 1, 1899 is the cutoff date between what is considered an antique or a firearm from a legal standpoint.

Thanks, pacrat. I'm no expert in this. I just don't want the board to get into trouble. Teh Feds have been known to deliberately do things like set up sales or offers for sale that would violate laws, then come and bust everyone involved. I think that in the interest of the board, we should go out of our way to make sure everything is fully legal and there is no hint that anything might not be fully legal.

Of course, to the best of my knowledge and depending on what state you live in, private face to face transfers are unregulated. One must still know that the other part is not a felon, etc. or at a minimum not know the other party is a felon. You're on your own there.

Thanks, pacrat. I'm no expert in this. I just don't want the board to get into trouble. Teh Feds have been known to deliberately do things like set up sales or offers for sale that would violate laws, then come and bust everyone involved. I think that in the interest of the board, we should go out of our way to make sure everything is fully legal and there is no hint that anything might not be fully legal.

10-4 that Dude