Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Army Control Of Personal Arms

FC

I policy letter from my Army company today said that if someone is command interest in that he/she is considered a suicide risk, any guns registered on post will be confiscated by the commander. There is still a Constitution, last I heard.

Colorado housing unit subsidized by the gubmint tried to ban guns, but failed.

Way back when, I was told I came under the UCMJ and not the constitution.

I believe firearms owned by military personel are supposed to be registered on the base you're assigned to, regardless of where the guns are stored.

When I worked for the Post Office the PM General decided to end all postal massacres by placing posters all over saying "No Firearms on postal premises". The posters all had an edited version of a vague federal law prohibiting NFA Firearms, explosives and strangely, fireworks on federal property. They conveniently edited out NFA and a few other key words.

When I couldn't any help from the union I exercised my rights in the union contract and filed a class action grievance on my own behalf. USPS mgmt not wanting the grievance to go to a higher precedence setting level. Agreed to allow me to continue to keep a handgun in my locked personal vehicle.

If USPS mgmt had bothered to follow federal law correctly. All they had to do was properly post "Firearms Prohibited" signs at all entrances and the law was on their side. USPS managers did not want to properly post facilities under their control because the managers themselves would be in violation of the law and also have to stop carrying guns in their cars along with the unwashed masses. I could write a book practically about dealing with the Post Office and keeping a gun in my locked car.

They want your guns because they know the country is going to fall apart like a cheap suit.

Plus they hate veterans and active duty service personel that may resist the collapse!

Study whats happened to the Seal Team Six that were part of the phoney Osama raid.

ALL of those Seal guys are now dead.

The military is giving the families a screw job over information concerning their seal team family members.

Face it the leadership in the government/military Hates your guts!!!!

An Army Warrant Officer friend of my son that is involved with drug enforcement travels to bases of all branches all over the country. He told me Marine bases are no where near as strict with personal weapons as the other branches. He claimed one Marine base allows and almost encourages the use of their shooting range with personal weapons in off hours as long as they could get a qualified range master to volunteer his time. That was about 10+ years ago and my guess the policy has likely changed.

Speaking as a laymen with no military time. After the Fort Hood incident and especially the way the Army, FBI and other agencies were aware of the Jihadist shrink and turned a blind eye. I would want to be packing, concealed if necessary if I were on any military base. I imagine there are probably some pretty severe consequences if caught and not authorized to be packing on a military base but if I had to share space with known Muslims. I'd likely risk it.

FC. You are a Lt col..right?
Since when do they scan cols?

While I never was an officer, I do recall being told that the word of an officer was enough.

No one ever checked an officer's bags, not even coming back from Nam.

karl

Either my team or myself inspected 3-stars - both inspecting personal gear and a metal detecting wand (minimum).

Everyone gets inspected, or they did when I was there. Some folks try and be clever, and they usually get caught.

"I don't care who you say you are... You want to get on that plane, you'd better open those bags."

Times have changed I see.

karl

Before 9-11 I could flip my USPS badge and get right on an airplane. Not anymore I have to wait go through same line as everybody else. The Post Office hasn't required or used badges since the 60's except Postal Inspectors. I used an old badge I got off of Ebay placing it in an official looking wallet.