Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Went To The Va : )

karlunity

I have to go to the VA once a year for a check up.

I always seems to blow their mind that I don't take or need any meds.

Seems that at my age 64 it is almost required.

There is something to be said for marrying a health pure food Hippy.

karl

Ha, I went for my yearly check up 3 weeks ago. The Doc asked me if I was still on the same meds & I said yes & that I didn`t need any as I just renewed them 2 weeks prior. Week & a half later I get all new 90 day supply of meds. POed me, because now I have to pay for them also.

I just had my yearly check up and Dr very impressed with ny numbers. Unfortunately, one was a bit high, but am working on that. Need to get my weight down again. Hurt my back earlier this year and couldn't walk well. So, my daily walks and trips to the gym went out the window. But, I'm back in the saddle as of last week.

I take one pill daily for Blood Pressure, and am considering stopping that. Dr started me on it after a lady friend broke up with me. On more than one occassion since then, my BP has registered low when I have gone to give blood. So, once I get my weight back down, and my walking back up, I may go off the pill and seen what happens. I still think I am doing fine for a 63 1/2 year old.

Health food? Ick FC

Actually it is not bad.

Same stuff I always eat ..but the meat is organic non GMO

And the beer is German...Becks or Pauli Girl made under the old German beer purity laws.

Veggies are organic as is the flour we make the bread and cake from.

It only cost perhaps 10% more...now if we had teens to feed that might be an issue : ) but just the two of us? not bad at all. as we don't have to buy meds. ...so we save money.

Still love Burger king from time to time but as a treat not a staple.

karl