Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Never Will Learn...

Brenden

A while back I said I was looking for a looking for a low recoil and reasonable cartridge to deer hunt with. All though I have all I need, I'm always looking for something else. I was talking to a friend of mine the other day, and were discussing how well I like my 7mm STW. I told him I needed another barrel for my savage switch barrel rig to complement my STW.

Well I bought a barrel tonight as the price was right and I've had a hankering for another long range weapon. 300 Remington Ultra Mag. Guess there goes my shoulder as well as my sensible approach to caliber selection!

Should be a fun gun to play with. Maybe one day I will grow up..

Brenden

I just bought Meprolight night sights for my Glock 29. It already had a LazerMax guild rod in it. Kind of redundant but the price was right. Do we really need an excuse to buy more Gun or Hunting stuff? I don't think so. Ralph

There are more serious addictions than collecting Savage barrels. Don't worry about it and think about what's next. Seems to me the next logical path are big bores. Ream a 35 Whelen to 358 Norma, 375 Ruger, 458 Winnie or Lott. If you're worried about your shoulder. Time to think about threading the barrels for a muzzle brake.

I just bought Meprolight night sights for my Glock 29. It already had a LazerMax guild rod in it. Kind of redundant but the price was right. Do we really need an excuse to buy more Gun or Hunting stuff? I don't think so. Ralph

I got myself hooked on lasers and laser/light combos instead of night sights. I've purchased a few lasers via Ebay direct from Mainland China. So far, so good. I got one lemon, had to eat return postage but the seller promptly replaced it.

There are more serious addictions than collecting Savage barrels. Don't worry about it and think about what's next. Seems to me the next logical path are big bores. Ream a 35 Whelen to 358 Norma, 375 Ruger, 458 Winnie or Lott. If you're worried about your shoulder. Time to think about threading the barrels for a muzzle brake.

I wanted to do a 338 RUM, but this 300 RUM was available for under $100. I like the big magnums, the recoil isn't too bad but I like to shoot a lot and you can't do that with the big boys.

I will never again have a muzzle brake. My 375 JDJ pistol has one and I touched it off on a doe this year and didn't have time to put in hearing protection. Never again, I couldn't hear for over a week.

Brenden