Military Firearm Restoration Corner

I can't wait to get out of Iraq

Reverend Recoil

I will be flying home to Baton Rouge on Christmas Day for a three-week vacation. I have been counting the days. I can't wait to get out of here. I have been working fourteen hours a day, seven days a week. I relocated from Baghdad to Mosul three weeks ago with a promotion and more projects than I can think about. Our living quarters is next to the sewage treatment plant. Since the weather has cooled, the smell is not quite so funky. I have been told that it snows in Mosul.

Moving to Mosul adds one more connection to my travel. I will fly by Russian Charter (KGB Express) to Baghdad. Spend the night in a modified cargo container and then fly to Dubai, U.A.E. Leave Dubai at 2AM for a six hour flight to Amsterdam. Drink all the beer in the airport but leave the smoked eels alone. Fly twelve hours to Atlanta then three more hours to Baton Rouge and set my watch nine hours back. Three weeks later the process repeats in reverse. The jet-lag is always worse going back to Iraq. It usually takes me four days to completely get over it.

No matter what, I will be in the Christmas spirit when I get to Baton Rouge. I ordered three Spanish-made Lanber double-barrel shotguns for my three sons. Check them out at: http://lanberusa.tripod.com/

We plan on killing clay targets and eating many bowls gumbo when I get home. There will be two women competing for my time and attention, but they will have to wait until we break in those new shotguns. Certain priorities have to come first.

I will work in Iraq though June, 2006 and then come back for good. The war will be over for me. I will have done my bit. I will order myself a Winchester Select™ Traditional Elegance shotgun, finish remodeling my home, and try to find some kind of engineering job in Baton Rouge. I have about six unfinished gun projects waiting for me. Check out the Winchester shotguns and let me know what you think of them. They are similar to the Browning and are Belgian made.

http://www.winchesterguns.com/prodinfo/cat...id=022&cat=007C

That’s all for now. Let me know if any of you want to know what is really going on in Iraq.

I will be flying home to Baton Rouge on Christmas Day for a three-week vacation.  I have been counting the days.  I can't wait to get out of here.  I have been working fourteen hours a day, seven days a week.  I relocated from Baghdad to Mosul three weeks ago with a promotion and more projects than I can think about.  Our living quarters is next to the sewage treatment plant.  Since the weather has cooled, the smell is not quite so funky.  I have been told that it snows in Mosul. 

Moving to Mosul adds one more connection to my travel.  I will fly by Russian Charter (KGB Express) to Baghdad.  Spend the night in a modified cargo container and then fly to Dubai, U.A.E.  Leave Dubai at 2AM for a six hour flight to Amsterdam.  Drink all the beer in the airport but leave the smoked eels alone. Fly twelve hours to Atlanta then three more hours to Baton Rouge and set my watch nine hours back.  Three weeks later the process repeats in reverse.  The jet-lag is always worse going back to Iraq.  It usually takes me four days to completely get over it.

No matter what, I will be in the Christmas spirit when I get to Baton Rouge.  I ordered three Spanish-made Lanber double-barrel shotguns for my three sons.  Check them out at: http://lanberusa.tripod.com/

We plan on killing clay targets and eating many bowls gumbo when I get home.  There will be two women competing for my time and attention, but they will have to wait until we break in those new shotguns.  Certain priorities have to come first.

I will work in Iraq though June, 2006 and then come back for good.  The war will be over for me.  I will have done my bit.  I will order myself a Winchester Select™ Traditional Elegance shotgun, finish remodeling my home, and try to find some kind of engineering job in Baton Rouge.  I have about six unfinished gun projects waiting for me.  Check out the Winchester shotguns and let me know what you think of them.  They are similar to the Browning and are Belgian made.

http://www.winchesterguns.com/prodinfo/cat...id=022&cat=007C

That’s all for now.  Let me know if any of you want to know what is really going on in Iraq.

6185[/snapback]

They are 14, 16, and 19. They reload all the shells, and are good shots too.