Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Mauser Bedding Blocks

Johns98s

H, newbie here. I hope I'm in the right section.

Does anyone know of a bedding block for 98 Mausers like the Hart Remington 700 Accu.Mount offered by Stockeys Stocks? I'm not a competition shooter, just someone who likes something different and can't seem to let well enough alone (old street rodder).

I've followed this forum for some time and am impressed by the way your members cooperate with one another,especially the ones (including me) who are learning from this forum.

Thank you for letting me be a part of it.

John

By keeping moisture away...

Unless you are storing your rifle under water, I doubt you will have much of a problem. Otherwise, lots of rifle owners with aluminum bedding blocks in their stocks, or the myriad of rifles with aluminum pillar bedding would already be having problems.

Many trigger housings are aluminum also

Edit: Also sights and scopes and scope bases

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galvanic_corrosion

True, but all of them I have seen have had some coating between the aluminum and steel.

The stock insert was raw.

Fyrd

It take a source electricity for electrolysis to happen.

A little oil is all it will take to prevent any problems, and there is always a little oil on the receiver. However, aluminum and steel are not like instantly reactive. There are hundreds, if not thousands, of steel bolts run into aluminum housings in your car or truck, for example, and they all come out pretty easy even after years of very close and precise contact at the threads..