Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Another 9th curcuit court ruling that stinks

swamp_thing

SAN FRANCISCO, November 3, 2005 (LifeSiteNews.com) - The Palmdale school district in California wanted children in the first, third and fifth grades to think about sex as part of a study on “barriers to learning.” The court ruled that, “There is no fundamental right of parents to be the exclusive provider of information regarding sexual matters to their children...

http://www.lifesite.net/ldn/2005/nov/05110305.html

This is one more example of where values are headed these days. I thought it was worth posting for those of us with young children. The link will take you to the complete story. swamp_thing

The problem with lawyers and judges is that there is no assessment fundamental decency and common sense prior to them being considered qualified to do their jobs.

When you over-educate stupid people and then give them power, this is the type of thing that happens. Something tells me that the lawyers and judges involved don't have kids. They probably feel that they don't have kids because they've made a noble sacrifice to their profession. What has really happened is that they are too self-absorbed and lazy to commit to participating in raising the next generation. As a result of self-absorbtion and laziness they haven't really done anything "real" and don't understand how things "really" work.

Someone needs to start a special interest group to fight for the survival of common sense in our country - which seems to be becoming endangered.

Well, I live in Palmdale, CA...where the parents in this case reside...and I have to say that despite the fact that I do not personally hold many of the views represented by the site linked in this thread, I DO support the parents in this case. The questions in that sex survey, that there ever WAS such a survey given to little kids is so wrong! Because, according to the court, parents need to butt out of the public school indoctrination of little kids to whatever curriculum the schools see fit to instill? That's B. S. and nothing less.

No, I don't have young children, but I shudder to think that if I did, whilst residing here, that they might be subjected to the sort of things outlined in this case.

I also have some less-than-charitable thoughts for Reinhardt, but I wouldn't want to post them as someone lurking about might think I am some sort of terrorist.

Here's an applicable saying that could be used in the Adages thread too:

"Absolute power corrupts absolutely".

After being a step-parent to 6 kids and a licensed foster parent for apx 5 years, I'm glad I'm no longer raising kids, especially teenage girls. I could write about plenty of bizzare behavior I had to deal with, but when reading this liberal crap it is scary to say the least. I would like to see the jack-ass judge try ro raise a 11 or 12 year old that has to be on the pill any kind of moral behavior. I just wonder where the hell where these people when god passed out brains. Sorry for the rant but I'm po'd to say the least.