Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Just an heads up.

spec4 e4

I sold this guy an Turkish stock over eBay.  I took it off an 38Turk that i got from Century.   First he claims  it does not fit, then he claims that its a fake because everyone of his stock had hidden writing on it somewhere.  Now eBay siding with him. Even give other auction on their site and others, still sided with the buyer.  I'm done with ebay.

Avoid this buyer 45wadcutter/Hamas from NJ.

Rob

2694.jpeg

2687.jpeg

2693.jpeg

2690.jpeg

2692.jpeg

I learned Ebay always takes the side of the buyer. I put a satisfaction guarantee in my listing saying saying buyer only risks return postage. I've only had one actually follow through returning a set of S&W grips. I'm going to lose if they take it up with Ebay so I might as well take it back and refund thei money when I get it back. I've had to deal with numerous attempts to get partial refunds by complaining about merchandise. I just tell them to return it and I'll refund their money. I rarely hear from them afterward. 

Rob I bet he's looking for a partial refund. It's a 50/50 shot he will return it if offered a refund. 

I would suggest Gunbroker but I was screwed on a set of S&W grips and Gnbroker wouldn't do jack. I also caught a dealer having the same guy bidding up his auctions and as expected Gunbroker just responded with canned answers suggesting I buy from another dealer.

As I mentioned before I made thousands during the Y2K scare on EBay. Coleman lanterns, stoves and heaters were flying off retail shelves. I also discovered there are Coleman collectors especially the Japanese with deep pockets. I hit flea markets and yard sales often making so much I almost felt like I was stealing. I got $765.00 for an oddball lantern to a Jap Dentist. I paid $15.00 for it. Saw the same lantern a few months later sell for 2,000 from another seller. 

I had a few deals go south but I put it in the cost of doing business. I learned to do things like clandestinely mark certain parts, record date stamps and to uniquely crayon glass globes. Had a couple returned items after they switched bad for good parts. I got burned and charged back once on a stolen credit card. On a small sale of about 20 bucks I got a phony money order from a kid in Quebec. Ebay claimed to have made contact with his parents and suggested I contact Quebec police. Back in the late 90's one could get on the phone with an English speaking person for PayPal but that ended after Ebay bought them out. PayPal saved my bacon after being hacked.

I did get Ebay to enter a feedback dispute but they charged me $35.00 for the service.  Another I had a competitor contact my bidders basically saying I was dishonest and offering a similar item for sale. Took Ebay about five weeks but they closed his account. Ebay now does not reveal bidders identity.  

Well, I'm not in it for business, just sell what I don't need.  This guy has till the 15th to ship it back to me or I get the money.  Would be nice since I'm building up those lower.  Still need 4 each bolt stop, mag release, and fog.

Rob