Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Saw an interesting fly over

AzRednek

I heard the loud roar of multiple aircraft and rushed outside with my camera. In the past there have been fly overs with WW 2 aircraft promoting an upcomin Confederate Air Force show. Camera's battery was deader than a door nail and it wasn't a promotion. It was military and I suspect it's somehow related to Trump arriving here tomorrow. First were two double prop airplanes, no idea of name or type. It's the type that have propellers that can move vertical to fly like a helicopter then horizontal and fly like a plane. First two, props were horizontal. About 45-60 seconds later another plane but props were vertical accompanied by a huge (and I do mean huge) helicopter and flying higher were two smaller helicopters. They were low and loud enough that I could almost feel the vibrations in my feet. I assume they were headed to Luke AFB about 20 miles from my place. Watched local news hoping there might be a mention at least but nothing said. 

Another possibility the military are moving aircraft to deal with the 4,000+ caravan of illegals moving north. Currently holding facilities in southern Arizona are filled to capacity and illegals with children claiming refugee status are being released. 

Likely related to Trump's visit. He landed in Air Force One at Luke AFB. A few hours later left Luke in Marine One to the airport on the extreme opposite side of the metro Phoenix area. If the Osprey are Marine they probably came from the Marine air base at Yuma. None of the helicopters I saw looked like Marine One. Both Yuma and Luke share a desert gunnery range in south Az.

From news reports, several hundred surrounded Luke just to get a peek of AF-1 and accompanied aircraft. The public was not allowed to enter the base. Health issues and the long walk kept me from attending rally. I got up at 6 AM, checked Facebook and the pedestrian line was already a mile long. Turned on Tv and learned the area surrounding the Mesa airport turned into a traffic cluster screw. DPS had to block nearby exit ramp as exiting vehicles were stopped and blocking freeway traffic. By 9AM news said 2 possibly 3 mile walk from roadside parking to the long line to enter rally. Illegally parked vehicles in airport parking were being towed. 

The rally held in an airport hanger was opened at 2:30. News reports said fire Marshall stopped entry a short time later after 7,000 entered. News claimed the Secret Service insisted on the privately owned hanger to avoid the Antifa riots that happened in Trmps previous rally held on City of Phx property. You might recall news reports and net video of the previous rally showing a Phx cop shooting an Antifa rioter in the nuts with a rubber bullet. 

Estimates as high as ten thousand that couldn't get into hanger. Many stayed and watched Trump on what I believe is named Jumba-tron a large Tv like screen. Antifa and libs harassed people on the way out. They were not allowed into the privately owned airport. If I can find the photo, it shows the huge crowd that watched Trmp and McSally on the screen. News claims over 40,000 tickets were downloaded. My ticket made it clear entry was on a first come basis and ticket didn't guarantee admission. 

IMG_0401.JPG