Military Firearm Restoration Corner

I hate Bushnell

spec4 e4

So, I had to go to KC to take my wife to the dentist. After the appointment, we was trying to go to Cabela's but they had the exit to I70 close, so we went to I35 south and swing by the outlet Bushnell store.  I left out there with 9 scopes, 2 leatherman, and a few scope rings and 1 mount, plus a soft case. My wife got a 2 things,  hell if I know what she got.  The. we went to Cabela's and pick up 2 boxes of each of 450 Bushmaster and 50 Beowulf ammo.  I think I am broke again.

Rob

I've got a Banner red/green 4-16x42 on my 6.5 Creedmoor. It's awesome. They are also affiliated with Weaver I believe. 

The money will be forgotten but the fun will last for years. 

Rob, being that Bushnell is made in China, buy them from a Chinese Ebay merchant. You'll have to deal with a 3-6 week delivery time but the savings are substantial. I shopped locally for a Bushnell red dot. Apx 50-60 bucks, got the same thing for apx 16 shipped from China. 

4 hours ago, AzRednek said:

Rob, being that Bushnell is made in China, buy them from a Chinese Ebay merchant. You'll have to deal with a 3-6 week delivery time but the savings are substantial. I shopped locally for a Bushnell red dot. Apx 50-60 bucks, got the same thing for apx 16 shipped from China. 

I paid $20 for each 3-9X40 red/green illuminated reticle and $30 for the disk to dawn scope.    no to bad I think.

rob

1 hour ago, spec4 e4 said:

I paid $20 for each 3-9X40 red/green illuminated reticle and $30 for the disk to dawn scope.    no to bad I think.

rob

You did alright on price. Buying glass is a lot like buying tires. You get what you pay for. I shopped at Sportsman's Warehouse, Cabala's and a gun store. After shelling out big bux for an AR-10 money was tight but I wanted something cheap so I could shoot it. I don't have a problem with the biggies making a profit but if I could but one unit for about $16. Just can't imagine how cheap the baggies got buying a hundred or more. The gun shop tried to persuade me into a $250 Leupold. 

My local indoor range will not even allow a rifle without sights in the facility. I was just looking for something cheap so I could bust a few caps. 

11 hours ago, AzRednek said:

You did alright on price. Buying glass is a lot like buying tires. You get what you pay for. I shopped at Sportsman's Warehouse, Cabala's and a gun store. After shelling out big bux for an AR-10 money was tight but I wanted something cheap so I could shoot it. I don't have a problem with the biggies making a profit but if I could but one unit for about $16. Just can't imagine how cheap the baggies got buying a hundred or more. The gun shop tried to persuade me into a $250 Leupold. 

My local indoor range will not even allow a rifle without sights in the facility. I was just looking for something cheap so I could bust a few caps. 

here is the scope on Amazon https://www.amazon.com/Bushnell-3-9x40mm-Illuminated-Ballistic-Reticle/dp/B00J2S0PVU#customerReviews