Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Trump or Biden

karlunity

My latest acquisition, a Remington R-51 with holster and Crimson Trace laser. Strangely I also got a roll of weed eater string in the deal. Got it from a friend of a gay neighbor that needed 150 bucks for rent. She claimed it was a gift from a former roomie. I didn’t ask if the roomie was male or female but from her appearance I suspect it was female. I got the numbers ran, not on hot list but unfortunately I was told last time. In the future I will have to do it like anybody else. 

This is the gen 2 model, not the previous R-51’s that were recalled by Remington. She claimed only a single box through it minus 12 rds in the two 6 rd mags. I’m seeing a lot of mixed reviews on YouTube. Most saying reliable after a 100 rd break in. Between a gazillion Dr appts and physical therapy now three times a week. I haven’t had a chance to try it. The laser dot points right atop the sights at apx 20 feet. The trigger is very crisp, no creep after hitting the wall but a bit heavy. YouTube reviews claim trigger improves considerably with use. I’ll live with the trigger, just can’t justify a $75 trigger job . It’s rated for +P 9 MM. One review shot several rds of Federal +P+ without problems and the expended brass didn’t show signs of high pressure judging from the primer dent. The only safety is a grip safety. Guess I’m showing my age being old fashion in my way of thinking but what sold me. It all metal with the exception of the grips, mag follower but unfortunately a plastic trigger. Hopefully I make time this week and get it to the range. 

552374D7-E9FB-4D86-AEFA-263B9FF9B5C3.jpeg