Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Willie P. Richardson

roscoedoh

I don't like the tone of this article:

Click Here

I've met Wille P. and my mom knows Mr. Stallings pretty well. I think there are some who'd make a mountain of a mole hill.

P.S. I know who Willie P actually is.... ph34r.gif

Jason

This is a schtick, just like any other. What's the big deal? Is the guy funny or not? Shouldn't that be a bigger question than that of his race?

I think it's pathetic that we are still getting our collective panties in a wad over this stuff...have we not evolved? Are there not more worthy news stories in our troubled world? When people have nothing better to do than to speculate on whether a comedian is actually white, but performing in black face, instead of realizing that his humor doesn't contain profanity and/or racial slurs, we're in a sad state!

I don't know if this is a white guy or not, but if this is an issue, I sure hope he is, and I hope that he throws a figurative monkey wrench into the works with this little act! I think white people are owed at LEAST that for "White Chicks" alone! LOL!

Guest Guest_MorgansBoss_*

You know after some recent discussions concerning race here have deteriorated I vowed not to comment on "the issue" anymore... BUT, this is such a perfect example of how the more we (human-kind collectively) try to tell ourselves and the world that we want all people to be "equal" it just isn't going to happen.

First and foremost is that, in western society at least, ANYTHING about the dominent group is OK to make light of no matter which group you belong to. IF we are equal then why in the world is it OK to ridicule the majority, whether by a member of the minority or the majority groups, but its taboo for a member of the majority group to say anything remotely sensitive about a minority? If its funny, it funny! If we're equal what possible difference can it make who told the joke? Why is it acceptable for minorities to be hyper-sensitive but expected that majorities to be hyper-tollerant of THE SAME behavior? The fact that this situation exists world-wide in regard to race, religion, tribe, national origin, etc., etc., etc... is evidence that it IS NOT a "racial issue" but more properly a HUMAN issue!

IF we can't reach this simple step in human relations, how can we ever hope to acheive a greater equality? In reality, the NAACP representitive interviewed for the article appears to be the most reasonable person in the whole piece and I applaude her!

MorgansBoss, In light of recent events I too have decided that the best course of action on my part is to not post or comment on these type of things. Sadly what you say is very true in many respects and in the interest of not causing ill feelings and angers to flare I shall in the future try to stick by this decision. Hopefully by doing so I can avoid contraversies on the boards. swamp_thing