Military Firearm Restoration Corner

People lost their minds

spec4 e4

Just got home and went to Sam's and Wal-Mart to restock the truck.  Almost had to fight to get what we need.  Even the dog food was almost gone.  They had 4 bags of dog food that my dog eats, so I grab 3.  

I had to get three different type of water to resupply my truck but did got three cases of Bia coconut water.

Boy it was a nut house.

Rob

Me? I say most people WANT to be slaves as long as the MASTER is kindly to THEM.

Thinking? Seems just too much effort  that and the bitter knowledge that there are people smarter than you...that I think is what annoys the PC types most about our competitive system Envy   simple

karl

I was at Farm and Home on Sunday. Everyone (but me) in line had ammo, bottle water and all kinds of "bug out" supplies. We have enough in the pantry and freezer for a month or two.

My son was over Saturday. I sent him home with my S&W model 28, and 200 rounds 357 & 45 acp for his Springfield armory XD. 

A few guys at work know I reload. I've been asked if I could sell some if things get bad. 

My oldest came by and grabbed his "Tanker" M14, to add that to his AR15 and Rem 870. He also stocked up on ammo.

Got the expected call from my daughter. Her mother, my ex, was freaking out about the possibility of Martial Law and riots. Daughter wanted a handgun. So, I told her that if she got a Firearm Safety Certificate (FSC), I would give her the guns I had previously told her she could have if something happened to me. When she shows she'll get my old duty M19 S&W and my little EDC S&W3913.

The youngest hasn't been by yet. 

On 3/23/2020 at 4:58 PM, AzRednek said:

Just curious, have you had friends or family contacting you wanting to barrow guns or ammo?? I’ve received two calls already.

Yes.  My friend across the street wanting know know if I had any 44 mag, 380, and 9mm ammo.  Really?  I am a rifle person, bot handguns.  But do have a 45 ACP and 40 S&W.  But I can tell you this is nothing but a joke any more.  My family thought I was nuts for buying guns and ammo, plus have supply if everything else.  Now they understand.  lol. 

Got a call from a disown cousin wanting supplies.  I was not to nice to him. 

Rob

I was reading a report from a gun store..He said the PC were shocked to find that despite what the pols and msnbc say you Cannot buy guns over the net, Nor can ya buy out of state.

Guess the PC or some dont like their "sensible gun law" now.

karl

On 3/25/2020 at 7:30 PM, karlunity said:

I was reading a report from a gun store..He said the PC were shocked to find that despite what the pols and msnbc say you Cannot buy guns over the net, Nor can ya buy out of state.

Guess the PC or some dont like their "sensible gun law" now.

karl

That's what happen when you do not educate yourself and listen to other people.

Rob

I gave my twin sons plenty of ammo, mostly 12 ga buckshot. I also gave them 380, 9MM and 45 ACP. I also loaned one of my sons my Taurus 92 along with two mags of ammo. He felt under gunned with his 38 revolver. I made it clear it was just a loan and his shotgun should be his first choice. I was contacted by two friends wanting to barrow pistols. I told them both that gun stores are still open. I then followed up asking them if they tried to buy one and didn’t pass the background check. Probably be a long time before I hear from them again but I’m not sure they know how to handle a handgun.

Back in the early 80’s I loaned a 22 and the idiot shot himself in the foot with it. He was a coworker I lined up with my sister in law. Found out years later he was a mental case, it was the third time. He did it in the Army and got himself a general discharge. The second time he shot his foot when his Korean wife dumped him. The final time I’m aware of was when my sister in law threw him out of her house after his pickup was repossessed.