Military Firearm Restoration Corner

I'm back

odies dad

Lost my bookmark for you guys a while back. 

Anyway, I'm back and will work on getting caught up. 

I've been in car mode lately and haven't done much with guns. 

I'm building a 30 model A hotrod pickup with a 55 desoto 291 hemi. I also got a 79 Chevy big 10 and a 79 f150 that I'm working on while driving them back and forth to work. 

Just got back from a week at the lake. Rented a cabin on lake Ida near Alexandria mn.

Wondered what happened to you. Did they let you out early for good behavior?? Camped a week by a lake, do you have any fish or the one that got away stories??

Kidding aside, when I worked in auto parts late 60’s to mid 70’s. Those 50’s Mopar Hemi engines were popular in machine shops rebuilds and long and short block engine builders. The engines were often dropped into later model big Dodge trucks as they would bolt up to later model transmissions. I don’t recall the numbers but the core charge on those older Hemi short and long blocks were about twice the going rate. There just wasn’t that many Hemi V8’s around. From what I was told those 50’s Mopar Hemi’s lasted longer pulling a lot of weight running at the high RPM’s the big trucks needed.

Back in the early 90’s at a detail shop I delivered mail to. I got to see under the hood of a 59 Chrysler LeBaron limo with a dual quad ram inducted 413. Reminiscent of the Beach Boy’s Shut Down song. I just don’t recall if the 413 had the Hemi heads. That Chrysler even had a factory installed record player. The shop’s owner claimed it was owned by a retired Chrysler executive living in Paradise Valley. Of coarse I had to ask but the exec wasn’t Lee Iacocca, he was still at Ford when it was built.