Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Am I just cheap or

karlunity

I agree but it’s not only the price common numbers like 9, 40 and 45 are near impossible to find. I get an incredible amount of gun spam daily. When I do see 9MM by the time I click on it, it’s sold out. The exception being in 500 and thousand rd lots. For a couple years I’ve been following net ads on guns, handguns and AR-15’s especially. Many have gone up in price considerably. Seems handguns have mostly taken a $100 increase and AR’s about $2-250. It’s times like this I wish Backpage was still alive. If so I wouldn’t have trouble putting a local group buy together. I’ve given a lot of ammo recently to family but now it’s no longer feasible. I suggest everybody while it’s still fairly easy to find, stock up on shotgun ammo. If you can’t locate buckshot go for duck and goose loads. 

I am rather pleased to see Americans arming up. I fear a shooting war is likely to happen after Trump gets re-elected if not sooner. It’s pathetic what’s happening in Illinois. One must have a license to buy a gun. Applications of Illinois FOID card for first time gun buyers are being deliberately delayed. 

I have a few rounds about too  Lucky I got extra a while back . I stopped going to the indoor range when they banned reloads..Yep.I could sneak them in but why bother? If I cannot shoot by now I may as well hang it up. Now, if I found a good out door range less than 2 hours away?. Still the local guys say "was a time a fella could go out back to shoot. So why build a range.? Now them Yankees drove up the price for land, it is not worth the money  to build to outdoor place.

karl

I bet we all recall the shortages after Obozo’s election, the current shortages is just another rerun. If mayhem doesn’t break out after Trump’s re-election hopefully things will level off, supplies become abundant and competition drives gun and ammo prices down again. If TSHTF it could be years. I hoarded after the Obozo shortages and still have plenty of reloading components left over if needed. I would however have to get off my lazy ass and get my reloading room back in order. Once upon a time mine looked almost as good as RDM’s but turned into a cluster screw when my X was moving out. About the only things I’m desperate for now is Bullseye and Herco powder. 

Yep got a store as well  But without a good range why bother?

Always good to stock up when we can

Still I was surprise to see the ammo dry up  under a GOP president. Odd time indeed

karl

When we had the old place in cali  I had a nice loading table with tools bolted on  and a case for power .

Here? There is just no room so most is stored or pulled out when needed.

karl

I read a Reddit posting complaining about American caravans inundating the Canadian border during Covid. I was shocked at just how much people like us MAGA people are truly hated! They don't just dislike our viewpoints, we are the worst scum ever to crawl to crawl the earth. This, from the, "Hate isn't a family value" people.