Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Delayed

manureman

I’ve bought several guns over the years and have never been delayed until today, first time for everything I reckon.

I used a new to me place ....and they had the call on speakerphone so I heard it all. Today is the 9th and the woman said they would be back in touch on or before the 15th. 
   When did they change it to 6 days??? I thought it was 3.

I don’t quite understand, does Missouri have a 3 day waiting or cooling off period or do they normally take 3 days for a background check?? Not trying to brag, in Arizona if one has a concealed carry permit there is no background check. If not the instant background check is usually done in 5-15 minutes during normal business hours and days. Weekend, after hours and holiday purchases take longer. I’ve been seeing some net chatter about delays due to the increase in sales especially to first time handgun buyers clogging up the system. I’ve been told Walmart and Kmart before they folded were deliberately taking overnight even if the buyer had a CCW. Makes me wonder how Commiefornia is doing with background checks needed to buy ammo. 

Occasionally there are hiccups, my son shares first middle and last name with a flake. His most recent background check took overnight. The flake has had three DUI’s and other problems with the law, a deadbeat bill and child support payer. Although their socials aren’t close and almost 20 years difference in age. The DPS officer advised the FFL to tell my son they recommended he get a CCW as there will likely be delays in the future.  

It’s a hiccup deal with the feds ( form 4473 and the call into the NICS ) I think it has to do with the volume of calls they are taking right now .

Missouri is a no B.S. state as far as permits or waiting periods none of that nonsense here.

We’ve always been open carry and passed a CCW law 20 odd years ago. That was supposed to be off the books no records no where of who had one. That turned out to be a lie and after the  lying politicians and lying state highway patrol were found out there was the usual uproar of let’s burn em at the stake and put what’s left in prison forever. Best I remember all those big dogs retired fat and happy on a big state pension. But we did go to constitutional carry with the option to get a state issued  CCW if you want. 

I have a buddy at work that was just delayed also. The same reason,call valume. He got a call a few hours after leaving the shop that he was approved. A few dealers I know at the Gun shows say the delays are worst on weekends. One in 5 are delayed and they have one person who does nothing but but stay on the phone with the FBI background check. 

Missouri is a gun owners and hunters paradise. If you can pass the background check you can own and carry. Great hunting and fishing. We really have the perfect state. All we need to do is give St. Louis to Illinois and Kansas City to Kansas and our murder rate would be almost zero. 

The dealer called the next day saying they approved me....

Yep I’d love to ad the city of Columbia and the university of Missouri to your list too, stinking liberal cesspool it’s been run by a heaping pile of freeze dried hippies for as long as I’ve been old enough to know anything and they wonder why the “people of color “ are shooting one another literally every night there.... you’ll reap what you sow every time always have and always will I believe.

I spent some time in Missouri about 15 years ago. I liked it even the time in St Louis but being from Phoenix with the dry heat I had trouble dealing with the August 90+% humidity. My then wife having asthma problems with the high humidity.. I had to cut her time short and put her on a plane while the rest of the family continued on our drive back home. The people in the smaller towns were all very friendly. An Autozone employee invited our entire family to his home for dinner. Kansas City was different people there were more like Chicago.