Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Repark job

Sailormilan2

I've got a couple of Chinese made Polytech M14S rifles that I've used as training aids. I've learned a lot from tinkering with, and modifying, them. But their dark grey color always bothered me. Especially when next to the black color of American parts.

So, COVID-19 boredom struck me hard the other day and I decided to "fix" them. I reparked all the Chinese made parts to black. Then put them into cleaned up and refinished USGI stocks.

Here they are. The wood on the walnut stock is actually better than what shows up in the photo.

20200927_105241.jpg

20200927_094935.jpg

Numrich has some Chrome lined 18" and 22" barrels made for LRB Arms at a very good price.  So, I installed one.  Problem withe Chinese made Polytechs and Norincos(Same gun, different name) is that for some reason, the locking shoulders on the receivers have been moved slightly forward from USGI spec.  Makes fitting and head spacing a bolt a little more difficult.  Especially with the chrome lined barrels.  Due to their chrome lining, the chamber is fully cut.  So, after installation, one must find a bolt that fits, or lap the receiver and bolt lugs.